Capture NX

M

MistyGreen

Hi all, I just purchased a D300 and with it came a capture NX disc, I already have the program and I was wondering if anyone knew if there would be a problem with selling it. I just want to make sure it's legal and that it will work for whomever may buy it. Thanks for the info. Also, do you think 70.00 would be a fair price? Thanks again

Hmm,
Are we talking about a full version of NX?

I just got my D300 and it came with a 30 day trial version of NX1.?

I figured they quit including full version's of NX with the D300.

MikeT

J

jaymc

Just got a copy of NX2 and now am looking into a D700 from Best Buy ($2640 after 12% off coupon). Is NX2 available with the D700 and if it is could I sell my current copy of NX2?

Hey Misty I got a 30day trial with my D200. If you're looking for a donar look no further. :biggrin: I'd GLADY take it off your hands. Id even ship it off to someone else after I'm done with it if I could. I will also pay for shipping if you're game. :wink:

The answer. https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=138000

I gave mine to someone at another web site. The karma is great, just pass it around and it will come back. :wink:

Great advice Rich.

Karma is soooooooo powerful, especially BAD KARMA; I learned that yesterday. One of the best baseball teams called us a bunch of HOBOS..., they were the best team out there, bunch of rich kids with a paid coach. Well they were 5-0...and only needed to win one more game...the number 3 seed team came and beat their butts 9-2. Funny thing is that number 3 team had kids that didn't even have uniforms that matched. Sad...but what a game!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my D200 ( my first ever DSLR) in the UK April 2007, it came with Picture Project. In May they started including the free NX Capture and I was a bit miffed I missed out. (Within 6 months they had started selling the D300.so I was even more more miffed as I discovered it is apparently so much better !!!)
Picture Project is OK, limited in use but I get by. It is, however,so sloooooooooooooooow though.
Is Capture NX any better ?

M

MistyGreen

tatt2d, if you want it, it's yours! Just let me know where to ship it. Have a great day! :smile:

M

MistyGreen

also, I am pretty certain it is a full version, it has a product key and such! :smile:

M

MistyGreen

yea, there is a product key on the sleeve that the CD came in. The outside of the d300 box has a sticker that says Release campaign Capture NX.

not familiar with picture project but capture crawls compared to PSE even just opening a file.

For those who are interested in obtaining optimum performance from Capture NX/NX 2, especially if you're using a PC please check out the NX/NX2 forum in the technical section. TomTom has spent considerable time tweaking NX as well as working with Nikon Europe folks and been very successful with PC/NX performance issues.

There is a tutorial on getting started as well which he wrote.

yea, there is a product key on the sleeve that the CD came in. The outside of the d300 box has a sticker that says Release campaign Capture NX.

Misty,
Thank you for the information! I have a trial version. I guess Nikon stopped including the full version at some time? Bummer that some are getting a full version while others are getting the trial. I'll just need to purchase the full version then.

Thanks again,

MikeT

M

MistyGreen

Thanks all for the advice, I gave the software to Tattd2! :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom