Capture NX2

Capture NX2,

I am having trouble with my Capture NX2, I have had Capture since it first came out, ( I bought the CD (twice) ) and have used it since then. I recently had to install a new hard drive in a computer so I needed to re-download Capture NX2. I downloaded the latest version of NX2 and using my product key everything seem to have worked perfectly until I tried to work on some photos.

Okay 1st let me say that I checked using View NX2 and all the folders and
photos are in there designated drives and locations.

How the folders are set up in the drives is I have one main folder for each year and in that folder I have 12 sub-folders, 1 for each month and in those are all the sub-folders and photos for that month.

When I open Capture NX2, in the folder palette are all my files in all my drives, then when I click a drop-down menu for a year folder, say 2019, all 12 sub-folders appear in the browser palette, but I can't open them. Then when I click on the folder name (say A, for January) all the sub-folders are there in a drop down menu, when I click on the final folder in the chain where the photos should be there is nothing in the browser.

I sure hope that makes sense. What have I done wrong!

Thanks in Advance
Swede

Try using the following method instead just to see if you still have the same essential problem:
  1. Open the File menu.
  2. Select Open Folder in Browser
  3. Drill down through your folder hierarchy to the pertinent folder.
  4. Click OK to automatically display thumbnails of the images in that folder.
  5. Double click the pertinent thumbnail to open that image in Capture NX2.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Mike, when I have a folder in the browser and double click it I get an option box that has open editor, compare images ect. the only one active is "New Folder"

when I have a folder in the browser and double click it I get an option box that has open editor
When using my method, don't double-click anything other than in the very last step. I mention that only because when I double-click the lowest folder in the hierarchy, nothing happens on my system; I have to single-click it.

Last edited:
When there is something in the browser and I right click it to get the option box the only thing I can do is "New Folder"

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom