Capture One 10% Discount

The one thing I am especially missing in the catalog in C1 from Media pro they killed off, is the light table.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Walt:
1) When will C1 Pro be fully compatible with Catalina?
2) If I buy C1 12 now will I get a free version 13 (and when do you suppose 13 will be out)?
Capture One is recommending waiting on Catalina while they complete testing. I have no information regarding when that might come, but we can hope soon. I also do not know when Capture One 13 will come. Past releases have come at the end of Nov or there abouts.

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
The one thing I am especially missing in the catalog in C1 from Media pro they killed off, is the light table.
Light Table was a handy feature in Aperture.

Have you tried using the Compare Variant in Capture One? You select a "compare" variant (image), go into viewer, and use CMD (CTRL) + right arrow (select next). The compare variant remains on the screen and each next selected image is displayed next to it. It isn't the same as light table but does offer a way to compare what you initially think might be the best of a sequence against the others in that sequence side-by-side in viewer mode.

Thanks for the tip, Walter!
Unfortunately, this doesn't cover what I use the light table for.

Light Table was a handy feature in Aperture.

Have you tried using the Compare Variant in Capture One? You select a "compare" variant (image), go into viewer, and use CMD (CTRL) + right arrow (select next). The compare variant remains on the screen and each next selected image is displayed next to it. It isn't the same as light table but does offer a way to compare what you initially think might be the best of a sequence against the others in that sequence side-by-side in viewer mode.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I still haven't forgiven PhaseOne for how they basically trashed IView Media.
That started with iView selling out to Microsoft. MS did little with Expression Media and finally sold it to PhaseOne. Once PhaseOne cannibalized it to add catalogs to Capture One they pretty much let it die.

Even the Media Pro Catalog Importer will die with macOS Catalina.

4E30140D-0058-40D0-82C4-4D499788F1D4.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Did you find a valid alternative, Dayo?
There is, and has never been, no valid alternative for IView Media Pro 3. That includes Microsoft's Expression Media (Decent despite initial skepticism) and most certainly PhaseOne's Media Pro (Junk despite initial optimism).

IView Media Pro 3 has the strange distinction that almost a decade after it was released, nothing has come close and every iteration released as a successor by new owners has been a downgrade.
A classic example of the well worn Mac Software Road to Perdition of "Great Mac Only Software -> Branches Out To Windows -> Goes To The Dogs"

I tried PhotoSupreme/Idimager but despite the help of resident expert, Mike Buckley, found the logic just too convoluted/complex and just couldn't get my head around it.
In the end, I settled for Neofinder. It is on the basic side but really does everything I need it to do well.

If I were to recommend a DAM today on a Mac, I would say Neofinder is the one.
It is 64 Bit so I believe it would work in Catalina. I am only just about to nudge my relic of a computer to Apple's previous OS version, Mojave, so not tested personally.

Back to CaptureOne, PhaseOne seems to be moving it forward nicely and keeping an eye on the developments in case I am able to get over my animus towards them someday!

Thanks, Dayo.
I'll have a look at Neofinder.
Since I already have C1, I have the possibility to import my existing catalogues into C1.

As expected. Thanks for the confirmation, Walter.

That started with iView selling out to Microsoft. MS did little with Expression Media and finally sold it to PhaseOne. Once PhaseOne cannibalized it to add catalogs to Capture One they pretty much let it die.

Even the Media Pro Catalog Importer will die with macOS Catalina.

View attachment 1649580

Latest threads

Top Bottom