Capture One vs. Lightroom and Photoshop

A good professional printer should not ask for Adobe RGB or worse sRGB. They should supply an ICC profile specific to the printer paper they are sending data to. They should also have you embedd this profile into the data you send to them. Many systems are capable capturing and printing images that contain colours outside the gamut of even Adobe RGB. So edit in Prophot (no choice in LR) and softproof using the correct paper profile and either send directly to your printer or save image data with embedded profile for your lab.

Last edited:
I'm loving the new Capture One 20. I don't feel the need to use DXO or Lightroom anymore.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I'm loving the new Capture One 20. I don't feel the need to use DXO or Lightroom anymore.
I left Lightroom for Apple Aperture in the 2000s when Aperture 3 came out. When Apple ceased development in 2014 I evaluated LR again. It had the same performance issues it had years before and Adobe was seemingly disinterested in addressing it. I looked at Capture One again (had looked at it before going to Aperture around Capture One 6 or so) and it had come a long way. They also offered an incentive for Aperture users and could import Aperture libraries. SOLD! I made the jump and have been a very happy user since Capture One 8.3. I now am a Capture One affiliate.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom