Car Meet In Downtown Atlanta

some of them are "ok" some of them are "good" some of them a 3 year old with a disposable camera could have took. eh whatever, let me know which ones you like and ways i could have improved on certain ones

all were shot with my d50 and sigma 10-20mm

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 274062

View attachment 274063

View attachment 274065

View attachment 274066

View attachment 274067

View attachment 274068

View attachment 274069

View attachment 274070

View attachment 274071

View attachment 274072

View attachment 274073

View attachment 274074

View attachment 274075

View attachment 274076

Last edited by a moderator:
#14 would have to be my favorite... but i would crop it just a little so that the left side starts with the car... idk something like this...

maybe its personal preference but its just a suggestion...

great shots though

#14 would have to be my favorite... but i would crop it just a little so that the left side starts with the car... idk something like this...

maybe its personal preference but its just a suggestion...

great shots though
yeah i was kinda using the headlight as a rule of thirds. i think its cropped to close to the car the way you did it.

thank you for the suggestion though and the comments on the photos :smile:

yeah i was kinda using the headlight as a rule of thirds. i think its cropped to close to the car the way you did it.

thank you for the suggestion though and the comments on the photos :smile:
yea.. i did it quickly in paint and on a dim laptop... but like i said there are different tastes... i didnt mean to intrude or anything... just putting out a different perspective...

eventually I want to start shooting car meets in philadelphia...

im feelin it

Hmmm, always liked your photos but why does it seem like the quality in some of the pictures look like poo. Its not like your usual stuff.

Hmmm, always liked your photos but why does it seem like the quality in some of the pictures look like poo. Its not like your usual stuff.
i was experimenting with ways to blur the background to make the car pop and the car in the parking spot next to it seam alittle more distant, it really didnt work as well as i hoped. the ones i just blur'd came out ok but the ones i tried more advanced techniques like using noise reduction on the background didnt really work out the way i wanted it to :frown:

i hate shooting this meet anyways, its so crowded, the lighting sucks and the backgrounds are always so cluttered. id much rather shoot a single car anyday, but i hadnt shot in a few weeks and i had the itch.

oh well, shoot, learn and shoot again :smile:

did you use the 50mm? the shots have this feeling where everything else besides the car doesn't matter and its feels like it wasnt done in post processing like the teg. Nice shots
all shots were done with the sigma 10-20mm

thats what i was going for, but i blur'd, ran filters and used noise reduction on everything but the car that was the subject. some came out ok, some not so much lol

ch@dbee you never let me down with your shot's........keep up the good work. if you did not know already. this is boostedb16 off IA.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom