Car Tutorial

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Jul 1, 2007.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi,

At long last and after many requests in different forums I had a go at a tutorial.....please go easy on me. It was very hard to narrate after having done the video part so I hope it works ok for those who are interested.

I am not sure if Paul (AKA Monty Dog) would wish to put it in the tutorials but I will leave that to him as it is still a large file, even though reduced for the web.

Original size was 500mb, now about 50mb....it is easily downloadable with broadband....

I hope that I have done it ok and if anyone does have a problem having viewed it, please let me knopw and I will always help as best I can.

So, here is the download for 100 goes...

I hope you like it and please make allowances as it is not what I would want to offer really but my very first try at this sort of thing..

Best wishes

Ray

Here is the link for download

http://www.yousendit.com/download/bWJyTmZhbEpvQnMwTVE9PQ

If that link does not work here is another

http://download.yousendit.com/475BFB7C014FE9EA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  2. Meritorious indeed!
    I hope to find time soon to have a closer look at it - I have always admired your car treatments.

Cheers

3. Wahoo, Ray!
    Great job!
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So nice hearing your voice!
    I enjoyed seeing your work flow.
    You really packed a lot of Photoshop into this.

Many thanks for doing this!

All the best,

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Download exceeded

Just received word that download limit exceeded from yousendit...

Any ideas please as to how to get it permanently available.

Thanks

Ray

5. Ray, I downloaded your video without any problem.
    Is there a limit from yousendit on how many people can download it?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

100 is the max....

I am uploading to another site with unlimited downloads...

Will post new link asap.

Thanks

Ray

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    FANTASTICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rAY JUST SUPERB.

oH YES VIRGINIA LOTS OF ps IN THERE.
    i WATCHED THE ENTIRE THING.
    wOWOWOWOWOW

Did not take long for us all to gobble that one up Ray:>)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Can you just imagine how many people will down that.

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thank you Gale

I was reall nervous about posting this as I would have normally titled and put in transitions etc....perhaps next time...LOL

However, so pleased it is ok...

By the way, if anyone downloads rom rapidshare...

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BECOME A PAYING MEMBER TO DOWNLOAD....

Just go to the upload without joining link

Ray

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It is fine. Easy to understand
    You did a great job

10. Ray,

Thanks for the great tutorial ...... it's very helpful to see the workflow and you did a marvelous job with the video. I really appreciate the time and effort on your part.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Ray
    The 100 was downloaded from my up load as well.
    wow
    Your are a star, My Friend

12. Ray,
    Very well done!
    Of course you now have opened up more than a few questions!
    As I asked Bob in another post, what is the source of your backgrounds, when you were dropping in the background, I noticed that you had a huge file of them. Are they from a stock supplier?
    Could you provide a listing of the plug-ins that you use on a fairly regular basis? I caught the PWL one, and a mention of Illustrator, Lucas Arts and of course the Flood thingy... I have being doing some of these effects by hand and they are rather time consuming and often inconsistant.

I can see from your work that you have a great love of the automobile, what is your favorite(s) make, year and model? I seem to be stuck in the '30s with the art deco school!

Again, thanks for the great tutorial and inspiration!

13. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Conrad....

Many thanks for the kind words and looking at my effort....appreciated.

Try to answer some of your questions......

For backgrounds I just search and search google....I look for wallpapers, images, anything that looks interesting. I spend as much time editing as looking for a stock image!!!! I would like to do my own in Bryce etc but time does not allow at the moment...

As for Plug ins....I really use very few.

My favourite is PWL which Chip Springer did....he is truly incredible and always so helpful.....My inspiration....along with some other great guys and ladies!!!

Illustrator is not a plug in but a technique again devised by Chip....If you do a google search for illustrated look, Chip Springer I am sure it will turn up...if not let me know and I will try to help.

I like Lucis...but sometimes I see it in my opinion overdone....

I like Flaming Pear Flood....that again save time....However most of the plug ins achieve effects that you can often get in Photoshop and so I do like to try myself...if no joy, then out comes a plug in.

As for Automobiles, I tend to play with these because they were one of the first things I experimented on....however, I do love cars....

I have no favourite car butlike you am attracted to the arty style of the 30's when they really looked something....however, how can you not be impressed by todays wonders!!!!!...For me, I love them all...

I hope that the above helps alittle but if you do need any more details about anything just let me know and I will always try to be more specific.

With very best wishes and many thanks for having a look at my tutorial..

Ray

14. Very nice Ray, I downloaded the tutorial yesterday and have learned a lot from it already. I don't know that I will try to copy what you do but watching your process was most enlightening.

15. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Gordon...................

Glad you had a look...appreciated.

I have had some messages saying link not working now...????

Can you tell me which link you used to download please?

Many thanks

Ray

16. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Excellent tutorial Ray. I had a chance to watch it and see the master at work! I know how much work these tutorials can take and I echo the applauds to your kindness and knowledge sharing.