car wax/polishes?

Just curious as too what car waxes/polishes everyone uses (if at all). Pro's and cons of any. Just recently bought a new vehicle and would really like to try and keep up with it as much as possible. Thanks.........

Will

On a new/newer vehicle I use Mothers products and for an older car with oxidized paint I'll use Nu Finish which is a little harsh since they use larger abrasives but it does a good job. Never had any issues with a Mothers product.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

T

tintingkc

I have worked on cars all my life and have tried and tested them all. I have found the Turtle Wax ICE is the best store bought wax and quick detailer. Is clear too which makes clean up a breeze. No more white residue left over.
If you want to go high end then P21S, Zymol or Zaino is going to be your best. The 3M products are good to but a little overpriced for what you get unless you need compounds for a buffer.

T

tintingkc

Meguiars doesn't make a bad product. It just doesn't last too long. They do work well though and are cheap.
http://www.autopia.org/ is going to be your best source for detailing info.

If you want something off the shelf, get Meguiars gold class products. To prevent scratches wash with a good sheep skin wash mitt and dry with waffle weave/microfiber cloths. I also agree with tintingkc, autopia.org is a great website for detailing info

Turtle Wax Ice is the best wax I've used. Great finish on the car, extra easy application, and pretty durable.

John P.

The best wax is the one that you will put on the car. The best waxes in the world do not help if they sit on your garage shelf. Meguiars, Motherrs, they are all good as long as you take the time to put it on.

I have been waxing cars over 40 years. Started when I got my first car at the age of 13.
I have tried them all. I mean ALL!.
A few years ago, I met a auto painter. We got talking about car care. I asked him what wax he used. He told me Astro Shield. I bought a can and have never ever used anything else. This stuff goes on easy, has a very deep shine and seems to get even deeper after further curing. Oh, and by the way, it beads up water way longer than any other I have used.
Great stuff!

Picture2-1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dave
Zaino!! (www.zainostore.com) This stuff rocks, deepest looking and holds up to the elements. Scratches in your clearcoat? - their scratch polish is incredible!
(this is not a paid advertising for the product - I just love the stuff!)

Give Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 a go, I love it on my black Honda. It's easy to use,easy to wipe off , and looks good! :smile:

Another Zaino fan...I used it w/ stellar results on my MINI Cooper a few years ago. The entire process is time consuming, but the outcome is worth it.

Don't forget to jump in whole hog, i.e. claybar as the first step; and pay attention to your towels (i.e. 100% Egyptian cotton, w/ no synthetics [causes swirls], unless you're a random orbital polisher guy)

Latest threads

Top Bottom