Caracara and some Blackbellied ducklings

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Slingher, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    I was taking pictures of the Black-bellied family that has taken up residence on the east road of Viera wetlands. This is the same family that had 18 ducklings, thay now have 7 ducklings. They are quite different from the newborn ducklings that I first saw, but still look nothing like their parents.
    2714661565_bf92d33c09_b.

large.

While I was photographing the family I heard quite a commotion going on with the blackbellieds that were across the water on the island. I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about until I saw the male crested caracara come flying across the water towards me with an egg in its mouth. I am quite sure this is a black-bellied whistling duck egg.
    2714212871_d745e8d0ca_b.

2. Jessie,
    HolySmokes, incredible work!
    Kevin P.

3. Great series, love the caracara shot.

4. WOw what a capture pays to be in the right spot at the right time

5. Well done Jess! Excellent shots.

6. Jessie, You are twice blessed - opportunity and skill! :tongue:

7. Nice Jesse. I've found a few eggshells along that road and have seen them along the fenceline with an egg in mouth, pretty cool. Nice capture.

8. Nice Jesse. I was there yesterday morning and did not see any of the babies. I did see a caracara but it was far away.

Might try to get back there again tomorrow morning.

Oh, great flight shot.

9. Jessie that is super work. The caracara is beyond cool. SO WELL DONE

10. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Hopefully those ducklings will grow into those beaks soon!

Darn good shooting, Jess, on that caracara! It's good to know there'll be more whistling duck babies, because I'm still hoping to get over there before too much longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.