1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Caracara

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Kevin Scott, Jun 2, 2005.

1. And here's my Caracara. Only thing is he was taken at the Brevard Zoo since I missed him at Viera.

This guy was pretty funny though as his attention immediately switched to Gale when she started rattling a baggie. Gale decided to start talking to the bird (Mrs. Doolittle) and rattling the baggie and he started to hop over to where we were. She tormented him just a little longer until he jumped up 3 feet and grabbed Gale's bag through the fence and wouldn't let go. Gale certainly has a way with the birds. Funny thing is they listen to her and do as she says. :D 

[​IMG]

2. Nice detail I will have to check out the zoo the next trip around

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Kevin,

This guy was a character for sure.

The bag thief...lolol

Good shot, like the background

4. Hi Mike! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Yes, you definitely need to plan a visit to the zoo. Many great photo ops if you're not a purist and require the subjects to be "in the wild". ;) 

Thanks, Gale. He was funny indeed. I sure had a great time at the Rookery yesterday. Felt like I hardly got to talk to you though. Too many things to shoot, right?

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Kevin -

Beautifully sharp image. I could barely see the guys at Viera, and I missed this guy at the zoo. Rats. Only one criticism - you should have shot Gale, not the bird. :D  :D  :D 

Gordon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.