Cardinal with Cigar

Female Cardinal showing off her cigar from the feeder. Little bit of a bad hair day but love the top notch feather.

Z7 200-500 Iso 1250 @ f5.6 1/400

JWZ_1001.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LOL! Great shot.

Thanks Nick - Very cooperative just stood there for about 30 sec showing off. Just looked like she was chewing on a big stogie.

love the top feathers, great detail

Thanks Randy, When I started to look at the image on the computer was really surprised at the feather detail, don't think I had ever seen the top feather in such detail before. Guess that my 200-500 is not soft after all, just have to make sure I support it correctly.. In this case sitting on a step stool and using a monopod instead of the tripod.

Real Name
Randy
Thanks Nick - Very cooperative just stood there for about 30 sec showing off. Just looked like she was chewing on a big stogie.

Thanks Randy, When I started to look at the image on the computer was really surprised at the feather detail, don't think I had ever seen the top feather in such detail before. Guess that my 200-500 is not soft after all, just have to make sure I support it correctly.. In this case sitting on a step stool and using a monopod instead of the tripod.
I never could hold one I ended up selling it because of that reason

Latest threads

Top Bottom