1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cardoons!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gandi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Gandi

Gandi

Jun 3, 2009
    Southern UK
    Here's a small set I took yesterday of some Cardoons (Cynara cardunculus) whilst visiting Charleston Farmhouse in Sussex (UK)......country home to some of the Bloomsbury set.
    The small walled garden was fantastic, a riot of colour and all sorts of flowers, but the best shots I managed were of these cardoons.

Any and all comments gratefully received.

3787044386_99af8082ef_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3787044982_34cd0d423f_o.jpg

3786235001_774a6b60dd_o.jpg

3787045878_4744edd8da_o.jpg

3787043280_800a6916fa_o.jpg

2. These are a nice set overall, but why did you clip the tops in 1, 2 & 4?

3. Gandi

Gandi

Jun 3, 2009
    Southern UK
    Apologies for the delay in answering the questions, as the post was bumped down the list I've only just noticed your reply.

First off, thanks for the question as it really has made me think a lot. Essentially the answer is...I didn't concentrate enough when framing the shots, that's why the tops are cut off. Partly due to the strong wind blowing both me/the lens and the plant around, but mostly because I wasn't concentrating enough on the image in the viewfinder...too many snapshots and not enough photographs!

Thanks for the question as it has made me slow down when taking this sort of picture and concentrate much more on the image in the viewfinder.

Many thanks

Gandi.

4. The last one is my favourite. Very vibrant colours and a lot of detail.

5. Ah, well we've all been there! I was curious as to intent, and it appears that there was none! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.