Cardoons!

Here's a small set I took yesterday of some Cardoons (Cynara cardunculus) whilst visiting Charleston Farmhouse in Sussex (UK)......country home to some of the Bloomsbury set.
The small walled garden was fantastic, a riot of colour and all sorts of flowers, but the best shots I managed were of these cardoons.

Any and all comments gratefully received.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Apologies for the delay in answering the questions, as the post was bumped down the list I've only just noticed your reply.

First off, thanks for the question as it really has made me think a lot. Essentially the answer is...I didn't concentrate enough when framing the shots, that's why the tops are cut off. Partly due to the strong wind blowing both me/the lens and the plant around, but mostly because I wasn't concentrating enough on the image in the viewfinder...too many snapshots and not enough photographs!

Thanks for the question as it has made me slow down when taking this sort of picture and concentrate much more on the image in the viewfinder.

Many thanks

Gandi.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Apologies for the delay in answering the questions, as the post was bumped down the list I've only just noticed your reply.

First off, thanks for the question as it really has made me think a lot. Essentially the answer is...I didn't concentrate enough when framing the shots, that's why the tops are cut off. Partly due to the strong wind blowing both me/the lens and the plant around, but mostly because I wasn't concentrating enough on the image in the viewfinder...too many snapshots and not enough photographs!

Thanks for the question as it has made me slow down when taking this sort of picture and concentrate much more on the image in the viewfinder.

Many thanks

Gandi.
Ah, well we've all been there! I was curious as to intent, and it appears that there was none! :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom