Carl Zeiss Jena lenses from 1913?

Something special is my guess. They look like large format glass 4X5, 8X10 Did you notice the APO on the side of that lens and check out the aperture blades:eek: Reminds me of my one and only Carl zeiss 180 2.8 olympic Sonnar made in the 1936. It's as sharp as any lens In my collection. And weight's as much as Nikkor 300 2.8 ED-IF AIS. Solid dosnt even begin to describe. You should see the tripod mount. That alone is a couple of pounds of cast steel.
If you can find a way to mount these old lenses on your camera you will be surprised at the IQ. Worth taking a look at if only to see how quality optic's used to be made. No plastic in these puppies:smile:. I like the comment about the air bubbles. A sign of the highest quality of glass manufacturing in those days. Not kidding

My guess would be large format.4x5,5x7,8x10 view camera's. Depending of on the image circle and how much rise/fall tilt/swing you do.

My guess would be large format.4x5,5x7,8x10 view camera's. Depending of on the image circle and how much rise/fall tilt/swing you do.

You speak of something I know nothing of. Those prices seem cheap. I hope someone who appreciates them can pick them up.

There sure are a lot of aperture blades in those lenses. Unfortunately, it looks like the first one has oil on the aperture blades.

~Chad

There sure are a lot of aperture blades in those lenses. Unfortunately, it looks like the first one has oil on the aperture blades.

~Chad

Ummm, excuse me sir, but according to the seller you are looking at the "shutter" :biggrin:

Im not sure the seller knows what he has because those are aperture blades. It look's it is at about F45/64. I doubt if these lenses even have shutter's.

Im not sure the seller knows what he has because those are aperture blades. It look's it is at about F45/64. I doubt if these lenses even have shutter's.

That's what I was thinking. The "shutter" and the low price (maybe) lead me to believe it's probably someone getting rid of a relative who's passed gear.

It would be neat t try these lenses. I would suspect that with a 4x5 the image quality would be great (even with a 95 year old lens).

~Chad

E

ErinB.

These are my lenses that I have been collecting these for a while now, but I believe I still am a beginner. These did not come from a dead relative, but things I picked up over the years. Unfortunately the economy has severely affected my family and we need some extra cash to get back on our feet. I do not know everything about these lenses and never even had the chance to use them. I have tried to sell them to museums and photographers in the area, but nobody seems to be able to afford them at what they are worth. I hope that someone gets these who can really appreciate them and put them to good use. If anyone is interested, I have a total of 22. Here is the link to the list of 22.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pho/1308831620.html

I would really appreciate it if anyone can let me know what these are really worth or a good place to sell them.

Thanks!
Erin

Ansel Adams would be tickled pink for those....Yup....Large format......or could be used for enlarger lenses......but that would be like abusing them.........

I have some Jena Glass and Jupiter Glass from the Ukraine....exquisitly sharp....extremely heavy in the 200 & 300mm .....gotta get screw mount adapters for mine to use on D300.....totally manual ofcourse.............

Good luck in realisng an appropriate amount for your items Erin.
Just one question, do you have a national film archive in the States? They may be interested in the negatives. Do you know their history?

These are my lenses that I have been collecting these for a while now, but I believe I still am a beginner. These did not come from a dead relative, but things I picked up over the years. Unfortunately the economy has severely affected my family and we need some extra cash to get back on our feet. I do not know everything about these lenses and never even had the chance to use them. I have tried to sell them to museums and photographers in the area, but nobody seems to be able to afford them at what they are worth. I hope that someone gets these who can really appreciate them and put them to good use. If anyone is interested, I have a total of 22. Here is the link to the list of 22.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pho/1308831620.html

I would really appreciate it if anyone can let me know what these are really worth or a good place to sell them.

Thanks!
Erin

Holy small world, Batman!

I would think that they are worth multiples of what you are asking, but I would have no idea. Good luck in the sale.

E

ErinB.

Thats what I thought but I had a few people tell me I wouldnt be able to get much for them... I do have one from 1895 and I dont know if I could ever get rid of it. I hope I find someone who wants them. Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom