Carley

Real Name
Steve
I'd posted this in a Z50 thread but kilofoxtrot suggested I post in People as well. Carley is one of my students, and when seeing I had a camera in my hands, jumped onto the bench in front of me, struck this expression for about 10 seconds, and then left. I'm lucky to have responded quickly enough to capture that moment. I processed the jpg, but as it seems to have been warmly received by her, her family, and here, I'll likely go back to the NEF over the weekend. A little Luminar to taste, likely a bit more than usual to suit the subject's personality.

DSC_0615b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Steve
Now that I'm semi-retired from design/commercial photography (I pick my clients now), I teach digital design at our local high school arts academy. I get mostly freshmen and sophomores for Photoshop and Illustrator, with the goal of getting them certified by Adobe. I have them at that great point of going from children to young adults. I've only been teaching at the high school level for two years but it has been the most awesome and rewarding experience. I've known Carley's parents for years, so Mom got first refusal of posting this image. She loves it, Carley loves it, and her family has blown it up on Facebook.

Last edited:
Real Name
Steve
I DO really like that image to be sure, and THIS one is selling me on it with an adapted 70-300AF-P. It is looking more and more like a viable replacement for my X100F.

DSC_0550c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Steve, amazingly beautiful photo. I have two Grandchildren in HiSchool both taking Photography Classes and they have expressed interest in expanding into Photoshop and Graphic Design Courses as well. Sharing and teaching your Photography and Design skills must be very rewarding for you personally.

Real Name
Steve
It really is. They treat me well, I get long holiday breaks and summers off! I still freelance and the school loves that I show my students my work in progress. My goal is to get them certified by Adobe in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. My classroom is about 3000sq. ft. with 30 computers and a photo studio.

Real Name
Andy
I'd posted this in a Z50 thread but kilofoxtrot suggested I post in People as well. Carley is one of my students, and when seeing I had a camera in my hands, jumped onto the bench in front of me, struck this expression for about 10 seconds, and then left. I'm lucky to have responded quickly enough to capture that moment. I processed the jpg, but as it seems to have been warmly received by her, her family, and here, I'll likely go back to the NEF over the weekend. A little Luminar to taste, likely a bit more than usual to suit the subject's personality.
This is outstanding work, from the capture to the finished photograph.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom