1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Carnival at Night

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by HickoryShampoo, Mar 29, 2007.

1. From this year's Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo carnival. All shot with the D70 + 50mm 1.8. This sucker (the lens) really dazzles wide open! EXIF upon request...

carnival_5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

carnival_4.jpg

carnival_3.jpg

carnival.jpg

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    nicely done

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I like the first one. Nice shots all together.

4. Nice series. The first ferris wheel would have been great for a long eposure.

5. Carrying a tripod wasn't feasable for the environment we were in, or I would've done it in a minute. That was a Friday night and the first night of Spring Break and the place was packed with little heathens.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Wow...1 and 2 are killers...Really good series..

I really like #2 for some reason...Great job.

7. Much appreciated! What's funny (to me, anyway) is that prior to acquiring the 50mm 1.8, I was a firm believer that all I needed was long glass. Now, I'm having more fun with the fast, short primes. The Sigma 30mm 1.4 is on my short list.

8. i love the first one the most. may i ask what your settings were?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  9. Very nice!

Paul.

10. great shots

11. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    ditto!

also, what kind of post processing (if any) did you do to the first pic?

i'm getting interested in doing some night time shots so any pointers would be helpful :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.