1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Carnival Final - U/9 Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiwi, Aug 4, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Me and "my" four staff did our first big day-long carnival yesterday. About 150 games spread across 7 fields.

Action from the final won by probably the best U/9 team I have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shot with D300 - 300 2.8

Apperture priority - 2.8
    Std Pic Control
    AF-C
    21-Pt Dynamic
    Crop and slight USM only in PP

2. hmmmmmm
    my next lens, perhaps
    well done
    i'll miss the crop factor with my D3, however

love these
    thanks for sharing them with us

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

darren ... outstanding shots... i like #5 but honestly there all good .....

4. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    Great expressions and action! Well done.
    -Kent

5. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Darren, these are very nice! I like the 4 and 5 the best!

6. Darren these are great, I have a soccer tourny up my way this weekend that I'll be covering. 16 fields, luckily there will be a few photographers, so we'll be good. But even then a lot of soccer to cover in 2 days.

7. WOW excellent series for sure, some of the best soccer I have seen in a while, way to go

8. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    These are great...now I want a 300 2.8 even worse!!!

9. very nice Darren, #5 does it for me too....you're settling into that 300 very nicely....

10. Wow the light down there is really nice, your early spring I assume, like No. 5 the best great facial expression

11. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    late Winter yes, and the light on these fields later in the day is golden and nice for about an hour

Thanks all

My team took over 5000 photos during the day, so, lots of work still to do !!

12. Very Nice shots Darren!, I've just aquired a 300 AF-S 2.8 as well :) , this weekend was my first outing with it & it took some getting used to after a zoom. Kind regards Graham.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.