Carnival

As I was going through my computer to clean it out, I came across this pic from a local carnival several years ago....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

A marvellous and really creative vision, Dossy!

I was wondering if I would have kept the person in but he sets the scale and anchors the image into reality.
Without the person, it would be more an abstract or indeed, sci-fi. The Invaders for instance :)
Nothing wrong with those but now it's really about carnival.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A marvellous and really creative vision, Dossy!

I was wondering if I would have kept the person in but he sets the scale and anchors the image into reality.
Without the person, it would be more an abstract or indeed, sci-fi. The Invaders for instance :)
Nothing wrong with those but now it's really about carnival.
I have a different view of that: My thinking is that the person adds a touch of interesting surreality.
Thanks for the input, Bart and Mike! When I first took this series, I also did a version with the figure removed. When I rediscovered it the other day, I thought the figure added a slightly bizarre touch, kind of like the times we're living in. To quote Allan, "Sci-fi!"

What a beautiful image you have Dossy! By the way, can you share to us what local carnival you've been to?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom