1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Carol C's 12 week project

Discussion in '52 Weeks' started by corns5, Aug 13, 2009.

1. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Well here goes! Today I did something really STUPID to begin with, but can't change it now! I was so used to my D700 being on Automatic ISO, after playing with indoor photos last night in M mode, I KEPT the ISO today at 6400 rather than checking it first thing, so beach at ISO 6400 here we go for WEEK ONE! Well I figured this would be a learning experience!! The D700 rocks though and handled it better than me! Here are a few from this week.....

#1 Daughter, "trash that dress"
    [​IMG]
    #2 Daughter, "trash that dress"
    (I love the boat in the background, so kept this one....)
    p961671563-4.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#3 High Key Image
    View attachment 392698
    #4 Our wonderful Golden, always available model!
    View attachment 392699
    #5 Our Aquarium
    [​IMG]

2. Beautiful set Carol. I enjoyed them all including the Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish!

Mike

3. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks, so much Mike! This is day one, and that encouragement is well received and needed!

Our Clownfish recently just found the leather coral to stay in all the time, and we love all our fish! Thank you for your kind words!

4. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Sorry, no posts yet for this week. My daughter's car engine is totally useless, got stuck on the FL turnpike (police are great there!), so before she returned to college we've been looking for a good cheap used vehicle, to no avail at this point. Drove her to school today for 3 hours, and then headed back home tonight. Hope to get some pics later this week....

5. GolferChris68

GolferChris68

Aug 6, 2006
    Maryland
    Very nice set Carol. Your daughter is beautiful, and you did a great job of capturing that. Good luck with the cheap vehicle hunt.

6. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks so much for the kind comments, Chris!
    Yes we are still looking for a cheap reliable vehicle, and helping my dh with the business, and other daughter getting a vehicle this week, so still no pics all! I really hope to get started again soon, but it is actually sometimes a nice break to get away from photography and return..... :) 

7. Well, I look forward to you return then!

Mike

8. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    More of Trigger today
    p169860910-4.png

This of Trigger with my 35/2:
    View attachment 392701

And some orchids with the Zeiss:
    [​IMG]

View attachment 392702

9. You're surrounded by beauty, Carol... your daughter, Trigger, orchids, and even your clownfish. You're a very lucky lady.

10. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Oh, Thankyou Frank for your kind comments! :)  Yes, that indeed I am, very blessed!! You are too! I love your new avatar with your adorable grandbaby!

11. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Forgot to post this one from the other day!

p234642695-4.png

12. markov

markov

Jul 14, 2008
    Finland
    Oh, but that's nice! I like how your dog's body blends in with the background and both eyes are sharp. Very nice!

13. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thank you Markov for your kind remarks!

Here are some from yesterday's outing at the 'Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge'. I went with other photographers, walked off and lost everybody! Had alot of fun though. Used my Zeiss for these first few macros, and my 70-300 was wonderful for the birds in the area.
    Thanks for looking. Quite a few images, but then again, I haven't been posting much lately so this will make up for a little lost time at least!

[​IMG]

p689401439-4.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Next is my favorite bird one:
    [​IMG]

I call the next one 'The Bird Walk', love how the distant one is looking at me:
    View attachment 392705

View attachment 392706

14. Carol, I really like the shot of the dog from the other day and this last set is very nice too. I like the same bird shot that you do!

Mike

15. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    hmm, much much brighter (too bright) on this computer compared to the other where I posted, I will have to check the calibration sometime....

Thank you Mike!

16. Nice shot of your golden! My favorite of the bird shots the one you liked best. I also like the composition of your Raggedy Anne-Phaon Crescent.

17. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thank you Birgit!

I just realized that I forgot to post some that I took with my brand new lens, a 24-85 f3.5-4.5! So here they are:
    This is our view everyday taken early in the morning for the light: (We are soooo blessed!)
    p379232790-4.png

Similar to my Zeiss photos I took last week with this lens:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! And for all your encouragement here!!

18. That looks a very interesting nature reserve Carol and you captured some lovely shots.
    Nailing the focus with the ZF100 isn't always easy...interestingly the nearly-always-moving antennae on the lovely butterfly are in focus, but the hairy body looks a bit smooth :biggrin: The wing pattern may be the best to focus on until you can get closer. I find that most butterflies need at least a 200mm micro to prevent them moving off too quickly. With the grasshopper/cricket it may be easier to see the good focus on the matching distance of 'bristles' that it was resting on.
    Your 'favorite' of the heron is a good shot...well done!

19. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    The herons really came out well, and that last shot of your dog is wonderful!

20. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks all! Charlie, I always value your input, thank you!

I will be taking another 'rest' this time from photography, as my shoulder surgery will be on Nov 3rd. (right shoulder) The doctor said that if he needs to re-attach my tendon it will take 4 months without using my camera! But if it's just a clean up of the shoulder, I can be using the camera within the first month. Prognosis for either is excellent,which is why I am doing this, as opposed to getting the 7th cortisone shot in two years time, which does effectively help, but that's a short term ongoing solution. I want this shoulder to be strong again, and not ache! (That's why I got rid of my 70-200 f2.8 lens!). Maybe I can get in a few shots before Tuesday.... but have been super busy getting all things (book work, business) in order before that grand date.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.