Carol C's 12 week project

Well here goes! Today I did something really STUPID to begin with, but can't change it now! I was so used to my D700 being on Automatic ISO, after playing with indoor photos last night in M mode, I KEPT the ISO today at 6400 rather than checking it first thing, so beach at ISO 6400 here we go for WEEK ONE! Well I figured this would be a learning experience!! The D700 rocks though and handled it better than me! Here are a few from this week.....

#1 Daughter, "trash that dress"
p163953516-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Daughter, "trash that dress"
(I love the boat in the background, so kept this one....)
p961671563-4.png

#3 High Key Image
View attachment 392698
#4 Our wonderful Golden, always available model!
View attachment 392699
#5 Our Aquarium
p227095191-4.jpg

Beautiful set Carol.

Thanks, so much Mike! This is day one, and that encouragement is well received and needed!

I enjoyed them all including the Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish!
Our Clownfish recently just found the leather coral to stay in all the time, and we love all our fish! Thank you for your kind words!

Sorry, no posts yet for this week. My daughter's car engine is totally useless, got stuck on the FL turnpike (police are great there!), so before she returned to college we've been looking for a good cheap used vehicle, to no avail at this point. Drove her to school today for 3 hours, and then headed back home tonight. Hope to get some pics later this week....

Very nice set Carol. Your daughter is beautiful, and you did a great job of capturing that. Good luck with the cheap vehicle hunt.

Very nice set Carol. Your daughter is beautiful, and you did a great job of capturing that. Good luck with the cheap vehicle hunt.

Thanks so much for the kind comments, Chris!
Yes we are still looking for a cheap reliable vehicle, and helping my dh with the business, and other daughter getting a vehicle this week, so still no pics all! I really hope to get started again soon, but it is actually sometimes a nice break to get away from photography and return..... :)

More of Trigger today
p169860910-4.png

This of Trigger with my 35/2:
View attachment 392701

And some orchids with the Zeiss:
p444895326-4.jpg

View attachment 392702

You're surrounded by beauty, Carol... your daughter, Trigger, orchids, and even your clownfish. You're a very lucky lady.

You're surrounded by beauty, Carol... your daughter, Trigger, orchids, and even your clownfish. You're a very lucky lady.

Oh, Thankyou Frank for your kind comments! :) Yes, that indeed I am, very blessed!! You are too! I love your new avatar with your adorable grandbaby!

Forgot to post this one from the other day!

p234642695-4.png

Oh, but that's nice! I like how your dog's body blends in with the background and both eyes are sharp. Very nice!

Thank you Markov for your kind remarks!

Here are some from yesterday's outing at the 'Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge'. I went with other photographers, walked off and lost everybody! Had alot of fun though. Used my Zeiss for these first few macros, and my 70-300 was wonderful for the birds in the area.
Thanks for looking. Quite a few images, but then again, I haven't been posting much lately so this will make up for a little lost time at least!

p1007620232-4.jpg

p689401439-4.png

p841987828-4.jpg

p728258588-4.jpg

p1027603475-4.jpg

p552089703-4.jpg

Next is my favorite bird one:
p851418929-4.jpg

I call the next one 'The Bird Walk', love how the distant one is looking at me:
View attachment 392705

View attachment 392706

hmm, much much brighter (too bright) on this computer compared to the other where I posted, I will have to check the calibration sometime....

Thank you Mike!

Thank you Birgit!

I just realized that I forgot to post some that I took with my brand new lens, a 24-85 f3.5-4.5! So here they are:
This is our view everyday taken early in the morning for the light: (We are soooo blessed!)
p379232790-4.png

Similar to my Zeiss photos I took last week with this lens:
p310021376-4.jpg

Thanks for looking! And for all your encouragement here!!

That looks a very interesting nature reserve Carol and you captured some lovely shots.
Nailing the focus with the ZF100 isn't always easy...interestingly the nearly-always-moving antennae on the lovely butterfly are in focus, but the hairy body looks a bit smooth :biggrin: The wing pattern may be the best to focus on until you can get closer. I find that most butterflies need at least a 200mm micro to prevent them moving off too quickly. With the grasshopper/cricket it may be easier to see the good focus on the matching distance of 'bristles' that it was resting on.
Your 'favorite' of the heron is a good shot...well done!

Thanks all! Charlie, I always value your input, thank you!

I will be taking another 'rest' this time from photography, as my shoulder surgery will be on Nov 3rd. (right shoulder) The doctor said that if he needs to re-attach my tendon it will take 4 months without using my camera! But if it's just a clean up of the shoulder, I can be using the camera within the first month. Prognosis for either is excellent,which is why I am doing this, as opposed to getting the 7th cortisone shot in two years time, which does effectively help, but that's a short term ongoing solution. I want this shoulder to be strong again, and not ache! (That's why I got rid of my 70-200 f2.8 lens!). Maybe I can get in a few shots before Tuesday.... but have been super busy getting all things (book work, business) in order before that grand date.:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom