Cartoon Color!

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by jon.oman, Jul 9, 2007.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jon

2. I like 'em.

Nicely seen. (to coin a phrase)...;)

3. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Thats funny going to work this morning I passed a CSX train that had graphic writing on just about every car and thought that would make a neat photo.
    Wonder if they would get pissed if you did that to their car or home

4. Thank you Stephen, there was a riot of color and shape there. In most cases too much. It made it difficult to find seperation.

Jon

5. Joe,

It makes for interesting photography, because of the color and the art. It is not everyones cup of tea though!

I do not condone this type of activity. But there are not too many ways of stopping teenagers from doing this. In some Michigan towns, where I lived a number of years ago, you have to be 21 or older to buy a can of spray paint. That is how they try to control it.

Jon

6. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

very fine colors.

7. Thanks! Glad you like them.

Jon

8. dmoores

dmoores

Jan 15, 2006
    I like them too!

9. Thanks!

Jon

10. Nice, Jon. I especially like the first and the last. The tight crops work very well IMO.

I don't condone vandalism, but I do think many taggers have some real artistic talent. It's a shame they don't seem to have a more acceptable outlet for the creative impulse.

11. Thanks Dave. I too do not condone vandalism. But, it is a fact of life with regard to grafitti. Hopefully the areas that are impacted are like the one I picture here, and not someones home!

Jon

12. Good series !! Thanks for sharing! I have collected a few such pics.
    Some of these guys are artist and it is a shame their talent is wasted and property destoryed. A favorite place I like to shooot is now covered in paint. A recent trip to bald rock in North Carolina US, revealed acres of painted rock!! It is a sickness and plague. Bald Rock in NC is at least 50 acres of open rock, and if they can stand up they will paint it, sad!!

Hope you do not mind thought I would add this, here is what I was talking about.

See if this fixes the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007

13. Thank you TomP. I would like to look at your images, but I get a 'forbidden' error when I try.

Jon

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  15. I now see what you mean. Painting the bottom of a bridge is one thing, but doing it to nature is just wrong! It destroys the view for everyone else.

Jon

16. Yes this is destruction of nature in the raw!! If you look closely, you will see the weathered paintings from years gone by removed by rain and wind.

17. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Jon,

Nice series, Cool concept.

I live in a pretty rural area of New Hampshire, on the border or Vermont.
    we don't see much of this here. The railroad goes past my work though, and I
    see some of the rail cars are absolutely Covered. Sometimes, I am amazed at
    what these people can do with a couple cans of spray paint.

I agree with Dave, In that some of those buggers have some real talent,
    and imagination. Too bad it can't be channeled into something more appropriate.

Thanks for sharing Jon, Imagine if some of those "artists" got ahold of
    a camera...

18. Thanks Roger! I hope they do take up photography. They seem to have a talent for form, color, and texture.

Jon