Caruso...the Italian Operatic Tenor

I have been reading about the great Italian Tenor Caruso and was inspired to colourise an image of him in Aida....

I was also inspired to get my guitar out again and create a little video which I have also attached.

I hope you might enjoy both

Best wishes Ray

Caruso v2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And my video tribute...

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wow, Ray! Your colorization is stunning.....as usual. And the video tribute is fantastic. Love the music.....so relaxing, beautiful and perfect for the imagery. Was that YOU playing the guitar? I admire your talents! You should play more often! LOL!

Thank you so much Karen and Bob....

That is really appreciated and yes, me playing again...so many years ago that I was in a band playing but love my music as much as photoshop...

Very best wishes as always

Ray

Really marvellous colours, a perfect choice. It makes me wish I had a time machine and could go back and watch that performance.

Thank you Richard....

I am loving my music as much as photography and am leaning towards some of the operatic arias....so beautiful.....

Yes....watching people like Caruso must have been wonderful although we are blessed with some wonderful voices now...

My best wishes as always

Ray

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
My grandmother was a big fan of Caruso.
I remember there were discs, you know these 78 rpm ones, near the turntable...

Well, that's decades ago
Klaus

My grandmother was a big fan of Caruso.
I remember there were discs, you know these 78 rpm ones, near the turntable...

Well, that's decades ago
Klaus
So true Klaus...the old 78's....

We are giving our ages away.

Best wishes Ray

Awesome Awesome Awesome.
Beautiful image colorization.
You play guitar very nicely.
Well done.????

Last edited:

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
So true Klaus...the old 78's....

We are giving our ages away.

Best wishes Ray
So now we need some audio restoration to match the photo restoration.

By coincidence I have just been doing an audio restoration on an old recording made on a basic reel to reel recorder in 1963, which was copied at some stage to a not very good cassette recorder.
It is very hard nowadays to find a working cassette player - I had several and over the years one after another died (the rubber bands decay). I bought a cheap Chinese converter that reads a cassette tape and sends the audio by USB to a computer. It is wonderful to then be able to use the computer to remove hiss and make edits to make a dreadful old recording sound not too bad.

Ray - I missed this when you first posted but it's really a terrific colorization. I really like the purple in his robe. I also enjoyed the video tribute. I knew that Caruso was an opera singer but I looked him up and it was interesting to read a full bio. I'm just guessing but with today's medicine he probably would have been saved and would have gone on to live a few more decades. Nevertheless, he certainly had a tremendous impact on the opera world.

Sincere thanks to all for looking...

This was a tricky colourisation because so much small detail and different colours...at least so I imagine...

Just pleased friends enjoyed it and also the little bit of music.
Best wishes to all
Ray

Thank you Phil and Bohdan,

Really appreciate the kind feedback.

Yes Bohdan, my interpretation, although no one will come close to Pavarotti's version....

It is beyond emotional and beautiful.....makes the hairs on my neck stand up...

Getting back to playing guitar again after a 25 years absence so enjoying it very much....but less time with my photos sadly....

Here is Pavarotti.....the voice....I hope you enjoy as much as I do

Best wishes Ray

Excellent job on the colorization. Did you have a reference for the particular colors you chose?
Hi Jim....

Unfortunately I had no reference....

I just had to use what I thought....

Hope they look realistic...

Best wishes Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom