Casablanca with 85 f/1.4 !

JPS

...the lily, of course !

I just received my "cream-machine", the Nikon 85 mm f/1.4, and as i didn't find anybody willing to pose, i choose to try it on some flowers (at lest they don't move when i'm focussing on them) !

I tried wide open, at f/1.4, but the DOF was so thin that i couldn't get enough of the flower on focus...

D200 + 85mm. with SB800 bounced on the ceiling - 1:1000 at f/2 - ISO 100

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

...at least, it proves (does it have to ?) the sharpness of this lens !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Beautiful flowers
Would like to see them all in focus
Hi Gale ! The goal for me was to have only a part of them focussed :wink: ! Of course, with a "flowers-lens", (usually my Tamron SP90), i would have shot at f/16 -or more, so to have the whole lot sharp...

...obviously, it works better with portrait than with flowers !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Thanks Charlie and Frits for the kind words :smile: !

...now i'll have to find some "victims" for portraits... but as i don't have -nor want- any sophisticated things, like softboxes, reflectors, etc.. my would-be portraits are going to be of the stolen/snapped type :redface: !

Cheers,
J-P.

Thanks Charlie and Frits for the kind words :smile: !

...now i'll have to find some "victims" for portraits... but as i don't have -nor want- any sophisticated things, like softboxes, reflectors, etc.. my would-be portraits are going to be of the stolen/snapped type :redface: !

Cheers,
J-P.
Well J-P, the lens does well with other subjects but truly excels in portraiture (half body in particular, for head shots give me my Ai-S 105 f/2.5 anytime).

It is great for studio work, but you will no doubt get excellent results with your planned every day candids.
Be sure to show some here!

Latest threads

Top Bottom