Case/cover/skin for an iPod Touch

I'll be getting an iPod Touch this coming week-end and I'm looking for ideas for a case/cover/skin for it. I want it to protect my new toy but be small enough to still fit in my pocket.

I might be able to convince myself to buy a belt case but I would prefer something that can go in my pocket.

Any ideas ?

I recommend Best Skins Ever's invisible shield skin.
Its tough, transparent and removable if needed.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-75/iPod-Touch-Skin/Detail
Pete,

Do you use this product ? How does it feel over the Home Button ?

I guess this is similar to the InvisiShield I use on my cameras but at a more affordable price. Has anybody compared them either on an iPod or on a camera ? At a third of the price of the InvisiShield, it is quite tempting.

I don't have an iPod. But I use the Best Skins protector on my Blackberry.
I just know they are easy to apply, durable and invisible.

I have the first-gen iPHone and now the 3G iPhone, and neither of them has any sort of permanent "shield" over them. The older iPhone I carried around in my pocket, usually in an In-Case case that left the front screen naked for easy access. Sometimes I would slip an Vayo leather back on it, again leaving the front bare. A year and a month later, the glass on that thing looks as good as the first day I owned it. Not a scratch nor a scuff...... With the new 3G iPhone I bought a Griffin "Wave" and promptly dispensed of the plastic covering meant go over the front of the iPhone. Next I decided I didn't like the section which acts as a sort of border. Now I simply snap the back section on to protect my pretty white iPhone's plastic back, slip the device into my pocket and away I go.....

Unless one is really careless and klutzy, prone to dropping or scratching up your phone, IMHO there is no real need to put the thing into an invisible shield or other sort of body armor casing.

I bought 2 for starters:

iFrog (www.ifrog.com) in RED, of course, and Speck (also in RED). Speck is a hard case.

I prefer the silicon, dust resistant iFrog. The shape allows it to stand securely on its own horizontally or vertically on your desk without a stand.

Also, I left the original screen plastic on the screen. It works well as screen protection. One month of use, and it has not given any trouble. Only drawback is the button is a little harder to press, because the plastic is secured to the screen all around the button detent. You might try to leave the screen protection on when you buy it to see how it works for you.

John, do you mean iFrogz? I looked at the link you had provided and it wasn't a good one, so then I ran a Google and came up with iFrogz.com, which seems to be more on the mark.....

iFrogz is correct. I read the name off the back of the case. The print is very small... :eek:

You probably don't want to see the price, but check anyway. :wink:
Vaja
I have the i-volution grip and really like it. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom