Cash For Clunkers...I QUALIFY

Got this in email today, hope no one esle has seen this, and it’s the way I feel. I’m old and worn out. Pulled a muscle in my back this week, and can barely walk. To top it all off, last month I traded an old clunker in on a new car. A 1991 Plymouth Acclaim, but because it got 30 mpg, it did not qualify for the Cash for Clunkers program. What about me?

If My Body Were A Car...

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish, and my paint job is getting a little dull. But that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus, and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.

CASH FOR CLUNKERS..........I QUALIFY - How about You?
But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or laugh, either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.

CASH FOR CLUNKERS..........I QUALIFY - How about You?

I was hoping my D100 would qualify as a clunker--hmmmmmm. Oh MY body--well not as youthful as it once was, or as it should be, is no clunker. Just mature and well used! And I can still go all day on a couple cups of coffee and a beer!

I have a 1983 Oldsmobile station wagon. One year too old to qualigy for clunker. Thats ok because I would not trade it anyway. 90000 miles and runs perfectly.

I do have new cars for vacation etc, but they do not haul like a station wagon.

I bought a new mountain bike last week, the first I have owned in over a decade, so I feel ya on the clunker thing.

I no longer have the strength of a sprinter, yet am unencumbered with the wind of an endurance rider. In other words, I suck.

Here in the UK the dealers are upping the price by half the £2k making it no real deal anyway, Me no coffee but a couple of extra beers to make up.

I was hoping my D100 would qualify as a clunker--hmmmmmm. Oh MY body--well not as youthful as it once was, or as it should be, is no clunker. Just mature and well used! And I can still go all day on a couple cups of coffee and a beer!
D100 boyfriend???...that's still new...I have an N70!

I still have this 6006. Still looks new. Clunker? I dunknow. Worthless on the market today? Probably.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I keep thinking about the dynamics of this whole thing. Take a car that doesn't get great mileage, but is likely to last a long time. Replace it with a car that gets modestly better fuel mileage, but isn't going to last very long. The falacy of the program is that it focuses on mileage, but doesn't look at lifetime energy cost - cost of production, etc... So does "clunker" refer to the vehicle, or the owner? ;)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom