1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Castelo de Vide (Portugal)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by IRDutch, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hi all,

One of the nicest places i visited in Portugal was Castelo de Vide. The Jewish quarter is beautiful. There is a road going up to the synagogue and at the the top of the hill you will find a castle. I hope you like these pictures.

606190745_4pJMr-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

606190777_SP7vL-XL.jpg

[​IMG]

606190943_Mdhp4-XL.jpg

606191149_BUTNb-XL.jpg

606191115_EMvoW-XL.jpg

Gert-Jan

2. I suspect that you spent a whole year visiting my country...:biggrin:
    Actually, it seems that there's no place that you didn´t visit , even the less known as Castelo de Vide!
    Castelo de Vide is one of the most charming villages of the "Alto Alentejo".
    I hope that you also visited the neightbor villages of Marvão, Portalegre and Crato, as well.

BTW: I love your 3rd. picture!

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Beautiful imagery .

3. Very nice town!

4. rickbern

rickbern

Jul 18, 2007
    New York
    I really love that last picture. First of all, I love to see all those roof planes at all those crazy angles banging into each other. But even more importantly than that this image of all the houses jammed right on top of each other with beautiful green (dare I say common) space around it seems like its got a lot of lessons to tell us about how to live in harmony with our environment.

Thanks for that.

5. Very cool. I like the views of the narrow streets and cobble stones that are photographed around Europe. The first image attracts me the most. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
    David

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Great series of images. I bet walking those uphill roads are a great form of exercise.

7. ...under temperatures around 108 F:eek: .... very common there, during summertime...

Rui

D300, D200, coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

8. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Hi Gert-Jan,
    nice series! It really seems to be a beautiful town.

9. Thanks all for the replies. Rui: I visited a lot of places in Portugal during the 11 days i was there. I also visited Portalegre. It was a real travel vacation :smile:. In Alentejo (Elvas) i stayed in a Quinta. The dinner was excellent there. Best steak i have eaten ever.

Gert-Jan

10. The shots are alright, but a little over exposed on the first two for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.