Castelo de Vide (Portugal)

Hi all,

One of the nicest places i visited in Portugal was Castelo de Vide. The Jewish quarter is beautiful. There is a road going up to the synagogue and at the the top of the hill you will find a castle. I hope you like these pictures.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gert-Jan

I suspect that you spent a whole year visiting my country...:biggrin:
Actually, it seems that there's no place that you didn´t visit , even the less known as Castelo de Vide!
Castelo de Vide is one of the most charming villages of the "Alto Alentejo".
I hope that you also visited the neightbor villages of Marvão, Portalegre and Crato, as well.

BTW: I love your 3rd. picture!

Rui
D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Beautiful imagery .

I really love that last picture. First of all, I love to see all those roof planes at all those crazy angles banging into each other. But even more importantly than that this image of all the houses jammed right on top of each other with beautiful green (dare I say common) space around it seems like its got a lot of lessons to tell us about how to live in harmony with our environment.

Thanks for that.

Thanks all for the replies. Rui: I visited a lot of places in Portugal during the 11 days i was there. I also visited Portalegre. It was a real travel vacation :smile:. In Alentejo (Elvas) i stayed in a Quinta. The dinner was excellent there. Best steak i have eaten ever.

Gert-Jan

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom