Casual portrait of a physics professor

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This guy is a physics professor. His real name is Don Speed. Weird, huh.

[​IMG]

M4-P with 35mm Ultron, trix, 6.5 minutes in hc110b at 20C

2. Speed, Huh? That does have a better ring to it than Professor Distanceovertime!:biggrin: When I was in college the head of the music department was a Dr. Clinkscale!

3. 'Dr. Speed' has an interesting ring to it, too!

Sean

4. One of the highest minds world has ever had... Would you have ever said it?

[​IMG]

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    A lot of his students think Don looks Einsteinish. He used to play up the hair thing (he's had white hair since he was 38.) I had a girlfriend who wanted him just because he looked like Einstein! Whatever. :Wink:

Don, by the way, is an avid photographer. He's the only guy I know, irl, who has the F6 camera like you do Dino. He's also big into astro-photography. He has several telescopes, and runs the school's 14 inch.

Telescope.

6. chris,
    nice shot
    i always loved physics
    even pre-med at the university of miami, i took many physics classes.... math was always my thing

i wish i had a photo of mr. erwin to show... my high school physics teacher... great guy
    i knew i took some film shots of him in the late 70s
    if only i knew where they were
    you are now encouraged me to find them

thanks, chris
    i bet that HE loved this shot, as well

7. veloman

veloman

Aug 22, 2007
    ,UK
    32401_51795fc4_c140x140.gif

View attachment 234631

Could'nt resist general drift of this thread.This is a local victorian pub named after Prince Albert,Queen Victoria's husband.The publican ,being a humorous type,decided to put Einsein's hungover face on the sign.It's a very popular pub,but patronized by lesser mortals than Einstein(before 10PM that is,:biggrin:)

V.