1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Casual portrait of a physics professor

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This guy is a physics professor. His real name is Don Speed. Weird, huh.

[​IMG]

M4-P with 35mm Ultron, trix, 6.5 minutes in hc110b at 20C

2. Speed, Huh? That does have a better ring to it than Professor Distanceovertime!:biggrin: When I was in college the head of the music department was a Dr. Clinkscale!

3. 'Dr. Speed' has an interesting ring to it, too!

Sean

4. One of the highest minds world has ever had... Would you have ever said it?

[​IMG]

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    A lot of his students think Don looks Einsteinish. He used to play up the hair thing (he's had white hair since he was 38.) I had a girlfriend who wanted him just because he looked like Einstein! Whatever. :Wink:

Don, by the way, is an avid photographer. He's the only guy I know, irl, who has the F6 camera like you do Dino. He's also big into astro-photography. He has several telescopes, and runs the school's 14 inch.

Telescope.

6. chris,
    nice shot
    i always loved physics
    even pre-med at the university of miami, i took many physics classes.... math was always my thing

i wish i had a photo of mr. erwin to show... my high school physics teacher... great guy
    i knew i took some film shots of him in the late 70s
    if only i knew where they were
    you are now encouraged me to find them

thanks, chris
    i bet that HE loved this shot, as well

7. veloman

veloman

Aug 22, 2007
    ,UK
    32401_51795fc4_c140x140.

View attachment 234631

Could'nt resist general drift of this thread.This is a local victorian pub named after Prince Albert,Queen Victoria's husband.The publican ,being a humorous type,decided to put Einsein's hungover face on the sign.It's a very popular pub,but patronized by lesser mortals than Einstein(before 10PM that is,:biggrin:) 

V.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.