Cat eyes with the 18-200

This is my first attempt at a post on this forum (and pretty much any other forum as well) and my second test upload to Flickr so that I could post pictures here. The posted mage seems to have udergone a bit of color metamorphosis which I attempted to edit since it left my computer (perhaps a result of the export from Lightroom).

A little backgrund. I bought a D300 at the begining of June with the 18-200 as a kit lens for $2,250. I am new to Nikon (having flirted with an Olympus DSLR for several years post film) and have no other Nikon glass "yet". Learning the idiosyncrasies of both the new camera and the new lens has been challenging, but rewarding.

Reading the threads on Nikon Cafe in general and especially "lens lust" (in view of the paucity of my Nikon glass) has been helping me get up to speed.

I have taken a couple thousand shots with the D300/18-200 and have been getting better results lately as I learn what works well.

This crop of the eyes and nose of our cat is basically my intro the forum and a test of my posting process. I will augment my posts when I figure out how to do it.

/http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2675171767_fe429a9aea.jpg?v=0

My hope is that I can share some of my more interesting 18-200 images while getting advice on the best lenses for my eclectic pictures.

Steve R

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Trying to figure out what I did wrong. Help fladly accepted

2675171767_fe429a9aea.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cool shot and pretty kitty! The link you throw into the IMG button must end in .jpg . So, test drive the URL you are placing into the box, and you should be fine...

Latest threads

Top Bottom