Cat on a mission

Hi Folks,

As you may know, I have been shooting with the D70 for over a year now. This my first post with the new (to me) D2H.

I toyed with this beast over the week-end, and am beginning to thoroughly enjoyed the bigger viewfinder and the snappier auto-focus. This was taken with the 70-200VR at 200mm, and processed with RawMagick (PS only used to crop and frame). I think I am liking this... :p :lol:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you folks!

I have to be honest: the colors have been boosted a bit in post-processing (using the "Color Hunter" filter available in RawMagick). There wasn't much else processing to do however, besides adding a bit of sharpening (also done with the RamMagick filter) and resizing/framing of course. 8)

The WB was dialed in directly, at 5600K. It's too bad I shot this in landscape mode, so the crop is fairly significant, and there are "only" 4.1 Megapixels to start with... :? Still, that should do a fine print, methinks. :lol:

I love my "H". :D :p :lol:

Oh, and one last thing: the mice have nothing to fear about *this* cat. He was just on a mission to escape from the dog... :) Out of the 4 cats, he is the only one that has a bit of an "issue" with sharing the space with the big animal; the other 3 are just fine! ;-)

Very cool capture.... cats are special beasts and this shot has captured the look very well. Funny how the look says "i'm hunting" and yet the story tells "he's retreating" *LOL*

Philippe,
Your subject does not appear pleased with what you are doing. That being said, however, I am! good stuff. that is sure a great camera, I LOVE mine! Looking forward to more psts from you.

Thanks all for looking and commenting.

I really like my H! :lol:

Here is another "first D2H post" kind of pic (well within the first few hundeds at least)... with a subject familiar to most, particularly if you have spent any kind of time on the D1/D100/D2 forum at DPR! :)

D2H + 70-200VR @ 200mm, f/2.8 1/1250 with fill-flash.

Philippe Roger said:
I toyed with this beast over the week-end...
Do you mean the camera or the cat?

That's an awesome shot, Philippe. It offers the perspective of a mouse that's about to be attacked! Great work.
Your wife, being the cat person, must simply love it. If it were mine, I'd print it large, frame it, and hang it in my
living room!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom