Cat on a mission

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Philippe Roger, May 2, 2005.

1. Hi Folks,

As you may know, I have been shooting with the D70 for over a year now. This my first post with the new (to me) D2H.

I toyed with this beast over the week-end, and am beginning to thoroughly enjoyed the bigger viewfinder and the snappier auto-focus. This was taken with the 70-200VR at 200mm, and processed with RawMagick (PS only used to crop and frame). I think I am liking this... :p :lol:

[​IMG]

2. Very nice, Phillippe! Looks like you're doing well with the new equipment.

Mice: beware. There's a panther on the loose!

3. I'll say you have mastered it! Wow, what beautiful colors...and the cat's expression is teriffic.

Rich

4. Philippe,

What a face ! Excellent shot. You are putting that D2H to use.

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That's a fine shot!

What White Balance did you use?

6. Great shot great use of DO you are going to love this camera, I cant wait till mine comes back from Nikon

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shot Philippe!! I am not at all surprised though. I love my H. 8)

8. Fantastic shot Philippe...and congratulations on getting the D2H!!

Regards,
    -Vinod

9. OH MAN!!! What a wonderful shot!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

10. Thank you folks!

I have to be honest: the colors have been boosted a bit in post-processing (using the "Color Hunter" filter available in RawMagick). There wasn't much else processing to do however, besides adding a bit of sharpening (also done with the RamMagick filter) and resizing/framing of course. 8)

The WB was dialed in directly, at 5600K. It's too bad I shot this in landscape mode, so the crop is fairly significant, and there are "only" 4.1 Megapixels to start with... :? Still, that should do a fine print, methinks. :lol:

I love my "H". :D :p :lol:

Oh, and one last thing: the mice have nothing to fear about *this* cat. He was just on a mission to escape from the dog... :) Out of the 4 cats, he is the only one that has a bit of an "issue" with sharing the space with the big animal; the other 3 are just fine! ;-)

11. Very cool capture.... cats are special beasts and this shot has captured the look very well. Funny how the look says "i'm hunting" and yet the story tells "he's retreating" *LOL*

12. Philippe,
    Your subject does not appear pleased with what you are doing. That being said, however, I am! good stuff. that is sure a great camera, I LOVE mine! Looking forward to more psts from you.

13. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Love it! but then I'm partial to cats.

14. saluki13

saluki13

Mar 27, 2005
    MA, USA
    Gorgeous kitty and great shot!

15. Thanks all for looking and commenting.

I really like my H! :lol:

Here is another "first D2H post" kind of pic (well within the first few hundeds at least)... with a subject familiar to most, particularly if you have spent any kind of time on the D1/D100/D2 forum at DPR! :)

[​IMG]
    D2H + 70-200VR @ 200mm, f/2.8 1/1250 with fill-flash.

16. Do you mean the camera or the cat?

That's an awesome shot, Philippe. It offers the perspective of a mouse that's about to be attacked! Great work.
    Your wife, being the cat person, must simply love it. If it were mine, I'd print it large, frame it, and hang it in my
    living room!

[​IMG]

17. That is such a great cat picture, the expression and perspective is just perfect.

Martin