"Cat" Scan

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by mhcfires, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Meggie was snoozing in her little plastic basin this afternoon. I set up a camera on the tripod and immediately she became a bit more active. Cats have to be the most non-compliant critters on the face of this earth. Taken with Mamiya C3, f/4.5 150mm lens, Delta 100 film. I'm not totally happy with this photo, but itis the best of the 12 that I managed before the cat decided to leave. I have a few good ones of a half cat, but it isn't worth the time to scan. I'll try with my Nikon and see if I can get her to cooperate. I took a few with my D80 before starting with the film, Probably should have used the mamiya first before she got annoyed.:frown:

2844555425_de5ef356fb_b.

2. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    lol, she looks totally annoyed :p 

3. that harsh light has surely made her angry
    cool shots, michael

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I was using a Vivitar 285HV flash with the Mamiya. I was using a Nikon SB800 at 1/8 power on the D80, much softer light, really helped with the shadows.
    I was too lazy to put the Nikon flash on the other camera. I'll know better for next time :redface:
    Here is the digital shot:

2845198440_f6b655cb5d_o.

5. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    the way that shot is focussed on the whiskers is really odd...that blue dot in her left eye also disturbs me!
    I'll take the film shot... :) 

6. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    FWIW, I also like the film shot. I was surprised that the focus was on her whiskers, but she took off and I was somewhat at her mercy for the next series of shots. My girlfriend liked the digital shot better, I can disagree all I want, Meggie is her kitty. I am determined to get some good pictures of her. Using film is more demanding, but I think the results are more satisfying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.