Cat Tail and Canna with New Toys

Just playing with the new toys (as Nan calls them):

Here is a Cat Tail at the OSU Wetlands with the 80-400VR:
28753067-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and here is a Canna bloom in the backyard with the 70-200AFS-VR, the evergreens in the background just disappear! Now where are those hummingbirds that were on the Cannas last year??
29292022-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think I'll learn quickly to like both of these lenses!!!
Bob

Hi Bob & Nan!!

How are you both doing? I have no doubt whatsoever that you will absolutely love your new tools. Great lenses!!

Hope you can join us for Merritt III. :wink:

Hi Frank,

As I posted earlier, we are going to Africa for 3 weeks in September. The only consolation for a really expensive trip is that I can convince Nan that we really need better glass and that I can include a 70-200AFS-VR, a 1.7TC, an 80-400VR, and a couple extra 1GB SanDisk Ultra CF's as "incidental expenses". The UPS guy was here 4 times in the last week :oops:

We will be headed back to Florida for the winter about November 1. Except for a week in the middle of December, we should be available for Merritt Island III (or Ding Darling X?).

"Gee Nan, we have these nice lenses left over from the Africa trip!"

Sounds like fun!
Bob & Nan

Hey Bob!

Nice captures. I love my 70-200VR, and I'm sure you will love yours as well.

I couldn't make Merritt II, but I'm sure hoping Merritt III works out for me schedule-wise... I really missed not being there once I started seeing all the wonderful shots people were posting. That's the best advertisement for a trip that can be done, IMHO. :)

Looking forward to seeing more from you, especially from your upcoming trip(s)!

Nice Bob,

Your going to love tha 80-400.. It will spoil you on didtance.

Hope allllll of you are here for Meritt III...

Can't wait.

Let's see here, there is a reply from Frank who got me started at Smugmug in December so I could post photos at DPR before there was a Nikon Cafe.
And one from Gale who showed Nan & me her 80-400VR at Merritt Island I in February and even offered to let me try it. I resisted since LLD had not really hit yet, or maybe I was trying not to get LLD.
Also one from David who showed me his 70-200AFS VR at the motel when he was packing up the last night of Merritt Island I. I had never held one before.
Thank you all, we can all meet in the poor house one day!! :wink:

Bob & Nan

bobhoge said:
Let's see here, there is a reply from Frank who got me started at Smugmug in December so I could post photos at DPR before there was a Nikon Cafe.
And one from Gale who showed Nan & me her 80-400VR at Merritt Island I in February and even offered to let me try it. I resisted since LLD had not really hit yet, or maybe I was trying not to get LLD.
Also one from David who showed me his 70-200AFS VR at the motel when he was packing up the last night of Merritt Island I. I had never held one before.
Thank you all, we can all meet in the poor house one day!! :wink:

Bob & Nan

Bob, I think you just wrote the story of all of our lives. :lol:

Flew said:
Bob, I think you just wrote the story of all of our lives. :lol:

lol :lol:

Isn't it funny how an expensive lens in a catalog/web site can seem so far out of reach, but when you're shooting beside someone who has the exact same thing (or worse yet -- they let you try it out), then suddenly you start to think about how maybe you really can afford it if you just sell your car, your dog, get a second mortgage, etc.

Hi David,

You didn't mention the impact of standing next to someone tracking birds and listening to your own trusty 70-300ED lens grind from infinity to 3 feet and back to infinity while their VR's and even worse AFS-VR's are firing off shot after shot with total silence from the lens. :shock:

Bob

Latest threads

Top Bottom