Catch and Release.

I went through 2 hummingbird feeders because my friend here kept coming and tearing it down, so....

large.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It seems those critters are a bit of a nuisance. Are they classed as vermin in the USA and are you allowed to shoot them (not just with a camera).

Best regards
Andy

It seems those critters are a bit of a nuisance. Are they classed as vermin in the USA and are you allowed to shoot them (not just with a camera).

Best regards
Andy

There is actually a season for them here in Arkansas for their pelts. Some people even bar-b-que them, not me though.

Lots of guys around here have coon dogs they use to hunt them with.

They can be a nuisance. I took him out in the National Forest and let him go.

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az

Best regards
Andy

Racoons are just about of the smartest urban pests we have here in the West. They can and do raid trash cans with alarming success. I have to use rope to tie the lids down to keep these critters from creating a huge mess. They are also very ornery and can take-out a small dog when given the chance.

JohnG

Racoons are just about of the smartest urban pests we have here in the West. They can and do raid trash cans with alarming success. I have to use rope to tie the lids down to keep these critters from creating a huge mess. They are also very ornery and can take-out a small dog when given the chance.

JohnG

Well, I'll chime in - they can also take out a good hunting dog! I've seen it happen when they used to hold "coon on the log" back in Louisiana.

Sound pretty nasty as well. Hope they never get clever enough to shoot back.
Didn't Davy Crockett wear a coon skin hat?
Best regards
Andy

Sound pretty nasty as well. Hope they never get clever enough to shoot back.
Didn't Davy Crockett wear a coon skin hat?
Best regards
Andy

yep and so did Daniel Boone! Found this on the internet - Fess Parker as Daniel Boone! I used to love that show!

1033136304_4a1d8bcad8_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom