"Catch Me If You Can!"

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Clix Pix, May 17, 2005.

1. Shot this with the 70-200mm VR:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good catch. Boy they are tough to catch flying.

seems to be alot of that going one these days of spring. :>))

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Connie,

Gale is right, these guys (and gals) are very hard to catch in the air. I see this sort of behavior at our local pond all the time, but catching it with the cam is another story.

Nice job, and cute pic.

4. OH WOW!! Wonderful capture!! :D :D :D

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    good catch and good sun angle and vibrant colors. Must have been pretty close if all you had was the 70-200. better watch out though, these in flight birds can be expensive to shot! Right Frank?

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice capture! Great timing!

7. Thanks, all! :)

Thanks! Yep, it was one of those lucky shots, I'd say.... Actually, I was on my lakefront balcony and because I had a sore ankle I wasn't walking around the lake with the camera the way I usually do. I hadn't used the 70-200 all that much yet, I'd only had it a short time, and so I was experimenting with it, learning more about the camera (which I'd only had for a couple weeks at that point) and about what the lens could do. It was a fun afternoon because it was one of the early warm days of spring and it seemed as though all the birdies were frolicking and putting on a show for my benefit! I have a lot of other shots from that day which I haven't post-processed yet. Anyway, I was shooting away, these two came zooming along and heading right for the water, so I aimed and fired.... bingo! I was very pleased that I captured them so neatly. When I saw the results, I knew right then and there that I'd made the right decision in buying the D70 and also that particular lens.

8. Great capture Connie. They are sharp, the colors good and the "human" interest high.

9. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Good catch Connie. Those she-ducks always seem to be playing hard-to-get.