Catch of the day :>)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gale, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl

Cheers
    Gale

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent catch Gale. :!: :!:

Where was this one taken??

Frank

3. Wow Gale, that's great! One of my favorite Florida birds. You are getting great results with your new lens!

4. Is that a lure in it's mouth Janet. If so that is sad and I hope it is not permanently attached. Well taken image.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi all,

Thank you , Thank you.

This was taken at Black Point, MWR..

Not a lure. That is a little fish he caught.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes Janet, the lens is a life saver to me.

cheers
    Gale

6. Great Shot

Hi Gale,

That new lens is doing wonders for your photography. Isn't it great to really get in close? Very nice shot. Thanks for sharing. :D

7. Gale -

Congratulations! Nice shot, nice catch. RR, eat your heart out! Not only the "Reznick Flip", but a Spoonbill at that...

(Ron lamented at not being able to get a decent shot of a Spoonbill when he was at Ding Darling). :)

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Gale,

Great capture. I'm glad that you were able to make it over to Balck Point its a great location. You seem to be doing well with the 80-400. How do you like it so far?

Harry

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ed,
    Thank you very much. I really love this lens. For me it opened up my world alot. So many times you just can't use a tripod and this "VR" stuff REALLY WORKS. For my hands and arms are weak and shaky.

Been a long road, and still many miles of learning to do. This lens is deffinately making things easier.

Cheers Pal
    Gale

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi David,

I shot so many of these with thier face (bill/spoon) in the water, I figured one had to come up with a fish for me. I got two actually. :>)) Just thrilled me sily.

RR flip. Thats cool !

Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers
    Gale

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey There Harry,

LOVE THE LENS. It is freedom. I see you are doing great at the wet lands. Great shots of every thing you posted. Got a kick out the Snowey. lol

Black Point is really neat. I met a Gal, quite by accident, through work who is also a birder/photographer.

She knows all the cool places. Hope she will join us this weekend.

We had a blast. Among our finds, an OTTER, boy we were clicking away. Got a pretty good one of him eating a fish.

I saw the Mother of all Alligators waiting for the Snow Birds to get here this weekend. lolol

Watch out guys.

Look foward to seeing you soon Harry. What is the schedule looking like.. When the Wet Lands and When MWR. Trying to make both for sure.

Home today with the cold everyone has been trying to give me. I don't really feel to bad. That magic stuff I told you about is really saving me from a bad dose if it.

Cheers and Thank You for your kind words.

Gale

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale, I sure hope you are kidding about the first part (the 'gator).... 8)

As to the schedules, I plan to send out some email to all parties tonight, but here's what I'm thinking right now:

- I want to go up to Viera on Saturday morning early. Will probably leave the motel about 6:30 - 7:00 (trying to get the sunrise). Will probably shoot for a couple of hours or so there, then head up to Blackpoint and shoot until lunch.

- We can all meet somewhere centrally located for lunch, and then decide what to do for the afternoon and evening.

- Meet somewhere for supper with everyone that can, and discuss shooting schedules for Sunday and Monday.

- We do need to decide where we want to eat on Saturday for lunch and supper.

What do you guys think?

Frank

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Frank,

Not kidding, this beast was hugeeeeee!!!!! (but on the other side of little stream :>))

Take into account. Early and Late at both places.

Hey Burger King is everywhere and close.

Take lunch on road and eat on the way.
    I was so excited yesterday, I could have cared less if I ate or not.

OH, Black Point has Port-o-lets :>))
    For Viera, just zip down the road to Burger King, or closer gas station.

Maybe do half a day one place morning and the other evening and then flip it the next day. Orrrrrrr

While leaving MWR there is a great place to see GBH nests and birds in Titusville as well.

So much to see so little time..

At the moment I just have no clue for dinner.

Cheers
    Gale

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank, is this big enough lol

Frank ,

We could have gator tail for dinner...lolol

Talk about fill the frame !!! lol

View attachment 5210

Think he is big enough for dinner. Good stuff down here. Tastes like chicken. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

15. Gale -

I'm no expert in reptiles, but that thing looks an awful lot like the creature that was identified by the guide at Ding Darling as an "American Crocodile". If I remember correctly you need to get a good look at the snout to tell the difference between an alligator and a crocodile. I hope to never get close enough to really tell... or at least to use a long enough lens not to care.

Here's a pic of the crocodile from Ding Darling:

large.

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    David,

Great pic of a crock.

This one out there is deffinately an aligator.. Hid his snout in the bushes. But it is round. Also look at difference in the legs, Body structure is a bit different..

However, He more than filled the frame. These are not cropped. Just resized.

Cheers
    Gale

17. Gale, all this time and you've been holding back. Now I see we have two sandbaggers in the group. Huh! :shock:

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi There Harris,

Yeah I have a few...But they are getting better and more fun.

Seeeee ya real soon!!!!!!

Cheers
    Gale