Catching Butterflies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by monkay, Jul 17, 2008.

1. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    I got bored today so I went out to my front yard, not really expecting to catch anything great, but was pleasantly surprised with the results. Please let me know what you think. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome!

2678432150_becc2af558_b.

2677616997_f58f7026c2_b.

This last one I call "Sharing is Caring". I think it needs to be cropped, but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding how. Please feel free to crop this shot however you see fit.

2678433680_74ba09a2ae_b.

Thanks for looking!

2. Dave, what lens are you using? That is one teensy butterfly! I think you need to work on your focus. You were probably trying to catch that little flying bug. You might have done better just trying for the bumble bee.

Takes a lot of practice, fast shutter speed and if you can, continuous burst shots. Don't know what the D60 gives you.

3. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    These were all shot using my 55-200 af-s VR. I agree with you though, I wish they were a bit sharper. I used too slow of a shutterspeed to try to expose the shots properly. #2, for example was shot with 1/60. Thanks for the comments!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.