Catharantus After The Rain.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by camerapapi, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Day before yesterday I was waiting for a storm to pass by to photograph in my garden. That storm never made it.
    Today we had two storms, one of them with light rain and about 3 hours later another one that poured a good amount of rain on our pretty dry lawn.
    I ventured into our garden with my ancient D1X and 80-400 VR lens. VR off because I had the combo on my Manfrotto tripod.
    The last time I used this lens was on my D70s and I tell you AF was fast and precise with the D1X. I set the camera to ISO 400 since it was a little dark.
    The lens was set to 400mm wide open. It appears to me to be slightly soft at this aperture but close 1 stop, or better yet, close 2 and the sharpness is excellent. I am sure this lens performs very nicely with the FX cameras.
    I burned-in just a little the areas around the flower and the result was that now the new flower on top appear to be under directional lighting, a nice touch. I cropped to taste to eliminate unwanted detail.
    The rain, still hanging on flowers and leaves, reinforces the visual design.
    These are my favorite flowers to photograph.

CatharantusI.gif

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

2. william
    a very nice image
    thanks for sharing it with us

3. Thank you Greg for your always nice comments. I love to photograph before and after a storm and in this particular shot I tried to explain the steps I took to photograph so that others can understand how it was done.
    Size most be OK because I do not have you complaining any more!
    William.

4. Lovely. I really like the water drops. Great job and explanation.