Cathedral Rock

We enjoyed spending an evening at Cathedral Rock in Sedona. Evidently after the Grand Canyon, Cathedral Rock is the most photographed location in Arizona according to the literature I read.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1178855

View attachment 1178856

Earlier that afternoon we were on a hike on a nearby formation that overlooked the other side of Cathedral Rock. What a beautiful area this is!!

View attachment 1178857

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some lovely light. #2 is stunning.

Cheers
Wembley
Thank you Wembley!! I like No. 2 the best, too!!

Incredible images! I like the one with the reflection of Cathedral Rock the most.

Glenn
Thanks, Glenn. It is my favorite, too. Greg found the reflection, so I have to give him credit. I was back shooting further away, when he told me to come and see the reflection!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really like the whole series, some lovely landscapes!
Thanks, Andrew!!

Great shots! This is me in less than a week.
You will love it, Jeff. The one that we took on the hike is a really neat hike. We talked to a ranger and he told us about it. I guess it is a new hike that they just developed last year. It is called the Highline hike. The views were beautiful on the entire hike, so you might want to check it out. We were there in the middle of the day, but it would be really nice at sunrise or sunset time. (I hope I am remembering the name of the hike correctly.)

#2 is my fav. Nice capture. When I was there last July, the water was moving much too fast for a nice reflection.

And don't you just hate it when there are wonderful clouds all day, and just at sunset, they all blow away! Happened to me a lot on my last trip.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Oh Terri,
what have you done to me ... ? :wink:

Now I'm dreaming of going there again.
In 1998 I had a wonderful time around Sedona.

Thank you for the fantastic pictures.

Regards from Germany
Klaus

These are great!

Did you use any graduated filters for the skies in these? They look perfectly exposed!
That's one flaw in my landscape shots.
With Lightroom 4 and especially with her D600, graduated filters are almost a thing of the past. In this situation, certainly I doubt she used them. If you were shooting into the sun, or the landscape was very dark with a very bright sky, you might use one, but Lightroom's graduated tool combined with the highlight/shadow sliders are amazing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom