1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cathedral taken from a great height!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mart61, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I went atop the EASA building in Cologne. It's 28 storeys high but the viewing paltform is surrounded by glass (and not very clean glass at that). And did I bring my polarizer?

No!

CathedralbyDayFramed.
    NIKON D300    ---    55mm    f/10.0    1/250s    ISO 200

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Considering this is taken through dirty glass and without a CP filter it has come out very well.

Nice shot, the catherdral in particular is very impressive.

3. pretty area
    nice shooting

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks guys. Not a great shot but it's not too bad, all things considering.

5. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Hi Martin, nice shot! Which building is the EASA - should be in Deutz? I come to that area a lot, but have never been up there.

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Yes, If you come out of the Koln-Messe Deutz train station and turn right, cross the road and the building is right in front of you. It's effectively right between the Station and the Hyatt hotel.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    He probably did.

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Moi? Butter wouldn't melt...

:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.