Catterpillar Conga Line

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sfoxjohn, Jul 10, 2005.

1. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    I noticed this moving "string" on the ground at a nature center here in NJ. When I looked closely, this is what I saw.

The picture is obviously not in the "beauty" class, but I found it really interesting.

Conga Line

[​IMG]

John

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Hi, John -- neat photo! Makes you wonder what they're all thinking!

3. Wow, your right about the image being interesting. Definitely worth a second look.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shot for sure John. The soil looks like sand. Are you near the beach?

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good capture. I like it. Yes very interesting.

7. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks to all.

Frank,

This was taken at Cedar Run Refuge which is a just few miles from where I live, but at least 40 miles from the seashore. However, it lies inside the Pine Barrens, an area of approximately one million square acres and sitting on top of an aquifer said to contain one trillion gallons of pure water. The soil in the pine barrens is mostly sandy. Most of the birds and animals in the refuge are caged for their protection - damaged wings etc. Some of the animals are rehab and released, but most are in for life. The best opportunity for pictures are the few swans and the ubiquitous Canada geese.

I'll post a few swan pictures, which I took at the refuge. But they won't be nearly as impressive as your recent bird photos.

John