cattle egret

Hi you'll,

I've never been that interested in cattle egrets before but they do get colorful during mating season

21416104-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Excellent Harry. I would shoot these guys if we had them up here, but like most of the really neat birds that you guys have, their range stops somewhere in South Alabama.

In any case, I had no idea that they ever got this much coloring. Very good capture. :wink:

Harry

I saw so many of these little guys in Florida...it must be a sight having all of these males dressed out in their finery this time of year.

Very nice shot sir :)

J

jkamphof

Wow, very nice colour. The background really makes the egret tand out.

I'd kill (well not really) to have some wildlife nearby.....please...get...me...out...of...the...city!!!!

very nice!!

Joel.

WOW Harry,

Had no Idea they looked like that during that time.
Beautifully done.

Thank You for sharing.

Flew said:
Excellent Harry. I would shoot these guys if we had them up here, but like most of the really neat birds that you guys have, their range stops somewhere in South Alabama.

In any case, I had no idea that they ever got this much coloring. Very good capture. :wink:

Hey Frank,

Thanks. This was the first time I've seen cattle egrets with their mating coloring. Normally they ain't all that interesting.

Re: Harry

jfenton said:
I saw so many of these little guys in Florida...it must be a sight having all of these males dressed out in their finery this time of year.

Hey Jim,

I've been seeing these guys for awhile but was never that interested in shooting them. I was amazed by their transformation during their mating season.

Re: Harry

jfenton said:

Hey Jim,

I took the shot at the rookery. That place is just filled with all these different birds in their finest. Thanks for stopping by.

jkamphof said:
Wow, very nice colour. The background really makes the egret tand out.
I'd kill (well not really) to have some wildlife nearby.....please...get...me...out...of...the...city!!!!
very nice!!
Joel.

Hiya Joel,

Thanks and I know that city feeling. I spent 57 years on NYC before moving to Florida.

I've never been fond of these birds but this pic has changed my mind. The colors are exceptional! They do look rather strange though the way they follow the cows bobbing their heads.

Gale said:
WOW Harry,

Had no Idea they looked like that during that time.
Beautifully done.

Thank You for sharing.

Hey Gale,

Neither did I. It was amazing to see their transformation during mating season.

Latest threads

Top Bottom