Cattle Egrets

Hi you all,

One thing that we have a lot of in the Viera Wetlands is cattle egrets. That's because there's a catle ranch surrounding most of the wetlands.

The cattle egret usually likes to hang out in groups.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you approach carefully or have a long lens you can isolate one for a shot

If you spook one you will spook them all

Harry

I think they are kinda cool birds and I've never seen a flight shot of them before.....

Now they look even better :)

Excellent series Harry. You are really getting the best out of that lens. I really like the close-ups. Very good detail, and sharp, sharp, sharp. :wink:

Harry Awesome, can you believe when I was down we didn't see one they must be more prevalent this time of year, maybe this Feb I will get a chance to see one. Love the shots BTW

Flew said:
Excellent series Harry. You are really getting the best out of that lens. I really like the close-ups. Very good detail, and sharp, sharp, sharp. :wink:
Thanks Frank. The close ups are my favorites. I am blown away by the results I'm getting with the 500.

mike mac said:
Harry Awesome, can you believe when I was down we didn't see one they must be more prevalent this time of year, maybe this Feb I will get a chance to see one. Love the shots BTW
Hey Mike,

They were there but since the wetlands were really hopping they sort of got lost on the shuffle.

drueter said:
Beautiful shots, Harry! I've seen similar scenes from far away but have never been able to capture them. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Don. I'm lucky to have the Wetlands just 15 minutes from my house.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom