Catus Flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PEPPER PETE, May 30, 2007.

1. A beautiful flower amongest thorns.
    Pete[IMGO]http://pepperpete.smugmug.com/photos/157326742-L.jpg[/IMGO]

2. Beautiful bloom and nicely done. The bees better make that first approach a good one, huh?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cactus flowers are very beautiful
    Last one day
    We have one here that is very large, kinda like a trumpet type flower, white.Opens at dark and closes at daylight. It is gorgeous.
    Amazing is nature:>))

Pretty image

4. Thanks Tom. Guess what, there was a wild bee hive about ten feet away from where I took the pic. of the flower. They were coming in and out of a crack in a big rock. I didn't want to get close to the hive not knowing what would happen.
    Pete

5. Hi Gale, wow, a flower that opens at night is sure something to see.
    Pete

6. Just saw this. They're beautiful, aren't they? Good shot.

7. Thank you Miriam, they sure do create a beautiful flower.
    Pete

8. Logan

Logan Guest

beautiful shot, my neighbor has quite a few cactii that should be blooming soon... may i suggest that next time i would try an avoid clipping the petals... great shot none-the-less

9. Pete, this is a gorgeous bloom! I think this is a prickly pear cactus. If it is, you'll notice a red fruit forming after the bloom fades. I found a large specimen in the resident's garden at work and used it to test my 105VR last year. They really spread too!! The prickly pear cactus in the resident's garden had to be at least 3 feet wide!!

10. Thanks Logan, certain parts of the country side out here have them growing wild and they do have a very beautiful bloom. Sorry about clipping of the top edge of the petal.
    Pete

11. You are right Crystall, it is a very pretty bloom that the Catus puts out. Yes, the prickly pear fruit follows the bloom and it's a very tasty fruit. You have to watch out for the small needles on the fruit before you eat them.
    Pete

12. Logan

Logan Guest

nothing to apologize for, just something i thought i would suggest. still a great shot, i just feel that when almost the whole flower is presented i would rather not clip just one petal. Just my opinion, like i said, still a beautiful photograph!

13. Beautiful image Pete. Love the colors.

14. Hey again Logan. Maybe this one is the better one to post. It's the same flower just a different angle.
    Pete

[IMGO]http://pepperpete.smugmug.com/photos/157326745-O.jpg[/IMGO]

15. Thanks Gordon, the second one might be the one I should have posted.
    Pete