Catz from dpreview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Catz, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, I am a member of dpreview and I hope Doug Barber doesn't mind, but he told me about this website that was set up for those that are tired of the trolls, the people who argue and those that complain all the time.

Well guess what?? I am too, so that is why I wanted to join this group. I hope Flew does not mind me posting over here. Sometimes I just have to get away from the Nikon forum on dpreview to gain some sanity and I just can't stand some of the threads over there.

I wish to be a welcome member over here if it is okay with everyone.

I still spend much of my time on the Retouching forum on dpreview as that is one of my favorite subjects but I'm planning on getting the D2X so this would be a nice place to come and share and ask questions once it is here without any trolls or unfriendly people. I have not said a word about this website as I'm not sure if it has been announced to anyone but Doug being a good friend, told me about it.

Thank you all,

Melissa 'aka' Catz

2. Mellisa
    Welcome this is a great place to hang out all the regulars are here plus a fre of the decafinated also. Look forward to your posts.

3. Welcome Melissa, we welcome you with open arms. We can use someone with talent at retouching, not to mention another good photographer. The group is congenial, and not a troll or badmouther in the bunch. I hope you feel comfortable in joining us.

4. Thank you Mike and Gordon

Thank you for your kindness and welcome and if I can be of any help to anyone on retouching, I will more than happy to help.

Melissa

5. Welcome

Good to see ya here, Melissa

6. Welcome Melissa!

I think you'll find this to be a very refreshing crowd compared to some of the angst that seems so prevalent these days at dpreview.

We look forward to your contributions!

7. Re: Thank you Mike and Gordon

Any friend of Doug's ought to be suspect, just because he is Doug, but heck, I'll give you a break anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome, if Doug's taste in friends is anywhere near his skill with Photo's, you will be an excellent addition to this ever growing group. Now, as to help with retouching, you betcha. I'll start a thread in Technnical Discussion forum in the next day or two. I have an image where I want to do a better job of blurring the background. I am getting closer, but not quite "there" yet, if you know what I mean.

Settle in and watch, problably tomorrow or Tuesday, for my cry for help :wink:

Welcome.....

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Welcome Mellissa,

Everyone is welcome here at nikoncafe.com. The people that are showing up here are all from DPR and are frustrated with the bickering. This will be a bickering free forum where we can talk about what we love, whether it be photography, kids, or rollerskating. Expect everyone to be honest and courteous and start posting.

Thanks and I look forward to your retouching insight. Perhaps we need a retouching forum here.

Cheers,

9. Hi Melissa

Welcome. BTW, have you read Katrin Eisman's book "Masking and Compositing"?

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome Melissa

Melissa,

So great to see you here. No problems like in the past.. No trolls.

D2X wow you lucky gal. Hope you really enjoy it.

Cheers
    Gale

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Welcome Melissa! Post some pictures in the Gallery area. We like 'em and visit them often. And from what I think I've seen at DPR, you do good work.

12. Thanks to everyone for their kindness...

I certainly appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. Really appreciate it. I am looking forward to helping with retouching and some good advice when I get the D2X :) , good conversation, no fighting etc...

Give me 3 weeks and I will be posting like crazy with the D2X So in the meantime I will look foward to helping those in the upcoming retouching forum here.

I know for sure that I will spending more time here then on dpreview except to help some of my friends over there on the Retouching forum.

Sure wish I could go the Merritt Island Shoot.

Thanks again,

Melissa

13. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Welcome, Melissa,

It's good to have you here and I know your retouching help will be greatly appreciated.

This is an upcoming site and full of nice folks..

Welcome and my best to you!

Gaye

14. Hi Catz!

Welcome from another newbie. It's great to have your retouching expertise here!

15. Katrin's Book

Actually no, I haven't read her book. I usually reak Kelby's, books and anyone from his crew and any WOW book by Jeff Davis.

Thanks for asking but I sitll might get around to reading her book in the future.

Melissa

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Catz....

Welcome to the Café. We look forward to your talented contributions to our new forum (and we will really enjoy those D2X pics). :)

Regards,

Frank

17. Re: Katrin's Book

I got it to help me with the image I mentioned earlier, and all I can tell you is, this is one heck of a book. Heck, even I can understand what she is talking about :lol: . Very comprehensive and full of good info. Hard part is finding time to put it all into action.

18. Hi again!

Melissa, you're from the Washington D.C. area aren't you? I think greyflash is as well. Maybe we can start a D.C. thread as well. I'm still eager to go out on some local area shoots.

Can't wait for the next Maryland Renaissance Festival.

Rich

19. Well, Well, well... I see the lost has been found.
    Good to see you in these part "M"... With your new camera inbound and knowing what you want to do with phogography, I'm sure the folks around here will be a big help to you. But also knowing the skills that you have alread, I'm sure you will also be a big help to everyone else.
    So welcome aboard.

20. Welcome Melissa!

I'm first in line at my store for a D2X and can't wait for it, Wouldlove to compare notes, and I can use all the help i can get in retouching!

andreas