Caught Posing

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Posing for the camera #1

[​IMG]

Posing for the camera #2

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    #1 is wonderfully complex in it's composition and elements. #2 isolates the two women in a unique and pleasing way. Good stuff Ray!

3. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Beautiful tones in #2… I like! (said in Borat voice)

Chris

4. Thanks Chris. These pictures (and the Winogrand video) reminded me that when I go to an "event" to take pictures of the people reacting to the action at the event rather that the event itself - much more interesting, no?

Thank you Chris. Now that I've got my scanner routine sorted out I'm getting the wide tonal range that's near and dear to my heart! :biggrin:

5. And one more. This time not posing, maybe. :smile:

[​IMG]

6. Cool set, Ray! The tones are superb!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yikes! That one is great! Do you mind if I go gearish and ask you what lens/exposure/film/development you used? You have both shadow and sunlit skin, and nothing's blown (and maybe just a touch blocked, in her hair.)

8. Chris, sorry to disappoint but it was Kodak B&W 400 CN! Shot with an N80 and 85mm f1.8 lens. Other data not available.

9. Superb my friend!

I love the contrast with the black and white of their clothing in these photographs.............

Boy........... do you have an excellent eye! :cool:

G

10. Thanks Graeme! I think all of the shots could do with a bit of cropping, though. Yikes, I need to remember to take of my glasses before taking a pic. Perhaps that way I can frame better! :wink:

11. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

#2 is a fine photeograph

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    No disappointment here! These're ... niice!