Caught the thief........

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DAVE VAN, Apr 28, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I have several bird feeders in my backyard and I enjoy seeing the visitors. I have all the various baffles, squirrel guards, etc, but I knew someone was still getting through. I finally caught the culprit in action the other day!

Taken with D2h and Tamron 28-300.
    I figured what the heck so I now have a squirrel feeder at the other side of the yard. The kids get a kick out of feeding them and watching their antics. :D

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Can't see the blasted pic. :?

Frank

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Here's my trick to cure the redX syndrome:
    Hit the quote button then copy the url for the picture and paste it into a new browser window. So far this has worked every time - something about pBase just doesn't like to be linked to.

Nice squirrel Dave!

4. Dave, I fixed your image problem by taking the "original" out of your URL and it displays fine. Nice image.

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I give up :?
    I try to post the photos the same way each time from pbase and just when I think I have it down........
    Thanks for the comments and fixing the link :)

6. Cool picture, very nice detail.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

I can see it now. Very good detail and sharpness. We have the same situation in our back yard, and like you, we enjoy watching these little guys cavort around.

Frank

8. I'm telling you..............I saw a show on Discovery about building the perfect bird feeder to keep squirrels out. Those little critters will jump out of a 100 foot tree to get to a bird feeder!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: