caught this shot today

nikon d300 nikon 105mm vrii, sb-900 flash, topaz lens eftect ,nik tonal contrast filter

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BELOW IS UN-TOUCHED ORIGONAL

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay ill tell ya'all how i did it.

i cant lie, the bokeh was created with the new topaz lens effect software. im having a ball experimenting. at first i thought what the heck is this software good for? but as i played im realizing just what it can do.

i put the bokeh on its own layer in cs5 blurring the entire picture softley. then simply wiped it off the bee...

the bee was brought out in detail using the nik software tonal contrast filter in the color efex set using color points to place the effect only on the bee.

as far as the shot it was a nikon d300 with nikon 105 vrii macro lens and the sb-900 flash.

i shot in manual camera so i can darken the phot as much as possible so the flash was the primary light in daytime and bingo the flash is so fast it froze the bee in space.

awesome shot!!! I love it!

okay ill tell ya'all how i did it.

i cant lie, the bokeh was created with the new topaz lens effect software. im having a ball experimenting. at first i thought what the heck is this software good for? but as i played im realizing just what it can do.

i put the bokeh on its own layer in cs5 blurring the entire picture softley. then simply wiped it off the bee...

the bee was brought out in detail using the nik software tonal contrast filter in the color efex set using color points to place the effect only on the bee.

as far as the shot it was a nikon d300 with nikon 105 vrii macro lens and the sb-900 flash.

i shot in manual camera so i can darken the phot as much as possible so the flash was the primary light in daytime and bingo the flash is so fast it froze the bee in space.
Thanks for explaining. Can we see how the original photo (without Topaz) looks like? I am considering the lens effect of topaz - haven't made up my mind yet though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom