CAUTION - Rich People On Board!!!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by eng45ine, Jul 16, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The simple question is this...what could these people possibly do for a living that allows them to afford this boat? It just isn't fair!!!

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Obviously they don't "work" like the rest of us for a living! And it's probably not a professional photographer!

3. WOW........very nice!! :D :D :D

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I don't have the answer to your question...but knowing what YOU do for a living...I'd say that I respect you WAAAAY more than I respect them. You save lives every day. What could they do??? Who knows and who cares? Can't buy them any more happiness than you've already got w/your family who loves you dearly and friends who are better just for knowing you(myself included)! just my 2 cents...and my thanks for keeping your city as safe as the fire fighters in mine keep ours.

5. I second Leigh's sentiments!

Anyway, I wouldn't want the stress of owning something like that. Maybe it's a sign of getting older but I long for the simple things in life~like a 28-70/2.8 or 70-200VR or 200-400VR or..... :oops:

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Come on POWERBALL!!!

7. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    WOW! Bet that boat leads the way on Venetian Night......nice photograph, BTW.

8. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    H.M.S. = Her (His) Majesty's Ship
    U.S.S. = United States Ship
    R.M.S. = Royal Marine Ship

Thisa one here...

A.M.B. = Ats'a my boat!

:lol:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You guys have a way of making me blush :oops: Leigh, you are too kind! Did you see the name of that canoe? Perseverence!!!
    I would have to think that it is corporate owned...but gee whiz! Imagine being the person that gets the nod to go to the boat store to order that thing....WOW!

Anyway...I can only assume that most of us on the site are middle/upper middle class and we are just fine with the ammenities that we can afford. Enjoying family and friends, cherishing our good health, appreciating our homes, a vacation now and then, buying toys when extra funds are available, etc.

One thing for certain...if I ever save a famous person's life or home someday and they give me hoards of money for my professional effort...I'm going to rent a boat like that and host a Lake Michigan NikonCafe bash for all of you to attend...and the fireworks are on me!!!

Thanks everyone for offering some thoughts to my post!!! I shot the image and just shook my head...had to post and see what happened!

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    One million per meter ,basic rule in this league
    Great ship nice capture

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Hans...I'm thinking that there are alot of liters floating there!

12. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Nice capture Frank!

I am in agreement with Leigh, I would take a real world person such as yourself that is willing to make the sacrifices in life so we all live better.

To give you an idea on a boat like that... I watch the news as getting ready for work every morning. There was a story on a local boat (yacht) builder down here that says they are getting orders faster than they can make their boats, they need to double their staff and facilities in the coming year to keep up. The yacht they were building during the story was just a small thing, coming in at $20 mil. and the next one they were to start on was $25 mil.

Oh and by the way, you can rent yachts like that. I will try to find the article I read it in to be sure I am correct, but I believe the small yacht rents for $35k per week and holds 8 passengers plus the crew!

And to think, I would just be happy with a D2H and a 500mm lens!

Joe

14. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Maybe a Columbian drug kingpin?
    Or the former Governor of CT (contractors bought him alot of stuff for his lake-front cottage....)

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice words...thanks Joe. If it's Amway or Avon or even Mary Kay, where do I sign up? Probably some thug who has everyone do is work for him and hasn't gotten his finger nails dirty in years. Oh well....

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I don't know who it is but it makes me feel better believing its Bernie Ebbers of Worldcom......

17. Based on recent work we had done at the house. I think
    it is quite possible that he/she is a plumber!

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    (Laughing outloud histerically!!!!!!) I can certainly understand where you are coming from. And were you blessed with the "butt crack" that they have a reputation for????????

That was too funny!!!!!!!

19. Ya Frank, that was the only thing that was free!

I get up early so I usually see the crack of dawn.
    But I didn't enjoy seeing the crack of Ron!

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    :mrgreen: