CC my photo and conversion?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this and if not I apologize in advance. :)

I'm still new to this, but absolutely love the 50mm f/1.8 and think I am finally getting the hang of it. This is a shot of my 5 year old. I would love to hear what others think of it. Is there anything I should work on? I'm just thrilled to finally be getting the focus correct. How is my conversion? I used a PSE5 action that allows me to change the shadows/highlights and toning. Any suggestions?

50mm f/1.8D @ f/2.8
1/100sec
ISO 400
Spot metering
Aperture priority
Natural light

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. :smile: I just noticed the critique request icon and added that to the title.

R

RForshey

A nice image, but the copyright notice going across her face is terrible.

I agree - I don't like having to put a copyright notice on it. But I once had pictures of my children stolen from my family website and posted on a rather disgusting site. This site had many stolen pictures of children. I had to notify the FBI and since then I am leery of posting pictures of my kids on public sites. :frown: I could probably move the notice off of her face, but then I'm afraid it could easily be cropped out.

R

RForshey

I agree - I don't like having to put a copyright notice on it. But I once had pictures of my children stolen from my family website and posted on a rather disgusting site. This site had many stolen pictures of children. I had to notify the FBI and since then I am leery of posting pictures of my kids on public sites. :frown: I could probably move the notice off of her face, but then I'm afraid it could easily be cropped out.
I see that you moved the notice, now I can see your lovely image!

What a terrible thing to have happen! While I've not had the same experience, I've had images of mine stolen and used to "stress" about it quite a bit. I make me living shooting, so whenever one of mine gets "ripped off", its money out of my pocket (or so I used to believe). I finally came to the realization that I really can't control what happens to my images once I put 'em up on the net, so I quit worrying about it. The people that steal my stuff, wouldn't be someone who would pay anyway! The best you can do is limit where you post 'em and hope for the best...

I think the image is excellent Kellie. Great conversion, wonder smile, and I really like the diagonal.

I am really sorry to hear about what happenend to your photos. It's terrible that someone would do something like that. :mad:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom