CC my photo and conversion?

Discussion in 'People' started by KsJET, Apr 9, 2007.

1. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this and if not I apologize in advance. :)

I'm still new to this, but absolutely love the 50mm f/1.8 and think I am finally getting the hang of it. This is a shot of my 5 year old. I would love to hear what others think of it. Is there anything I should work on? I'm just thrilled to finally be getting the focus correct. How is my conversion? I used a PSE5 action that allows me to change the shadows/highlights and toning. Any suggestions?

50mm f/1.8D @ f/2.8
    1/100sec
    ISO 400
    Spot metering
    Aperture priority
    Natural light

445391225_882bd3d4ab.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    you did really well with this
    great image of your daughter well framed

3. Your in the correct forum and yes, you did well with the conversion. I like the crop on this image.

4. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Thank you. :smile: I just noticed the critique request icon and added that to the title.

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

A nice image, but the copyright notice going across her face is terrible.

6. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I agree - I don't like having to put a copyright notice on it. But I once had pictures of my children stolen from my family website and posted on a rather disgusting site. This site had many stolen pictures of children. I had to notify the FBI and since then I am leery of posting pictures of my kids on public sites. :frown: I could probably move the notice off of her face, but then I'm afraid it could easily be cropped out.

7. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I see that you moved the notice, now I can see your lovely image!

What a terrible thing to have happen! While I've not had the same experience, I've had images of mine stolen and used to "stress" about it quite a bit. I make me living shooting, so whenever one of mine gets "ripped off", its money out of my pocket (or so I used to believe). I finally came to the realization that I really can't control what happens to my images once I put 'em up on the net, so I quit worrying about it. The people that steal my stuff, wouldn't be someone who would pay anyway! The best you can do is limit where you post 'em and hope for the best...

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I think the image is excellent Kellie. Great conversion, wonder smile, and I really like the diagonal.

I am really sorry to hear about what happenend to your photos. It's terrible that someone would do something like that. :mad: