CCCAA Swim Championships

California Community College Athletic Association Championship photos from 2019. Not brag, but I will, my son was a two time state champion in the 100 breaststroke and 4 x 100 relay. Sierra College went on to win the state championship. D500 w/ Nikon 200-500 f/5.6

RJS_3482.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
RJS_3483.jpg
RJS_3598.jpg
RJS_3713.jpg
RJS_4254.jpg

Nice shots. Brings back great memories.
I swam 200 breast and 400IM in college.
Actually my times were not that far off Olympic times!!
The only issue is we were swimming yards, and they are swimming meters.
No comparison. But if I leave the small detail out of the conversation, it makes me feel better
gary

I got to try shooting the breast-stroke from the side.
Your shots look better than my head on shots.
It depends on where the light is coming from and where your access point is. Worst time to shoot breaststroke is when the sun is high because everything is bright except the swimmer's face. I had good directional light here and a great access point for a near 3/4 view which is my favorite.

Actually Gary, in the US the college kids still swim yards.
Now I am depressed again, I thought their times were for Meters.
But, you got me to look at the world record times for 200 breast- wow really interesting!!
Made my day.
The record has fallen 16 seconds since I swam in the 1970's. That is HUGE. I can't imagine. Flying!!
I also found I could have been a world record holder- if I swam in 1935 or before.

Congratulations to your son!!
By the way, tell him to throw his swim gear away. When you try it on 50 years later and can barely get your legs in the swimsuit- it is depressing.
gary

By the way, tell him to throw his swim gear away. When you try it on 50 years later and can barely get your legs in the swimsuit- it is depressing.

They way they train now is totally different. Plus if you look at photos of Mark Spitz with his mustache and more slender frame (and he was in great physical condition) and compare him to the shaved down, capped, special suit crowd of today, there is really no comparison physically. As for the gear, those tech suits cost a fortune and last about 5 minutes before they start to degrade so no worries there :)

He plays water polo as well which is a brutal sport.

Latest threads

Top Bottom