1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CD/DVD Labeling options.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sam O, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    Other than Sharpies, Stick On Labels, and Epson printers what options do I have? Opinions, recommendations?

2. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Well there is always Lightscribe.

3. There are also Epson printers that will print directly on a CD, but you have to buy special CDs and to me they look like they have labels premade onto them.

Lightscribe is okay, but not a great option.

4. I used the sticky labels recently for some DVDs, and the darn things wouldn't read after I affixed them. Took them off, and the DVDs worked fine again. Never had that problem on CDs, but I guess I'll stick with Sharpie's from now on.

Sean

5. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Stick on labels suck - they have a tendency to get stuck in slotted players. I'd go with lightscribe, although the blanks cost more.

6. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I use Lightscribe for special CDs/DVDs, but regular disks and a Sharpie for archival use.

7. worth the read for the sticker probs. thanks

glenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.