CD Pricing?

I've been asked by a parent to put together a cd of the team's games picture from last season. (Women Div III basketball). I was thinking I could easily burn a CD with low res pictures but don't know what to charge.

Ideas?

How many images are you thinking? I'd maybe look at around $4 - 5 per image if they can use the images for prints etc. Or if you put it in a slide show charge about $50.

I did a slide show with music for my kids baseball team and they loved it. I'm also working on another slide show for a college summer league I shoot for that I am giving to the players as a gift. They really became a part of the family and my kids hung out with the players during and after the games.

Dennis, you might want to check details on that since it sounds like NCAA stuff. This could lead to eligibility issues for the players. You would have to check with the SID office to see if there would be any issues.

Other than that, on pricing it really depends on what you feel its worth to you. Let alone do they want just low res images? Or are they looking to do stuff with them.

Mike
Its just over 100 images. She asked for a "slide show". Dumb question, how do make a slide show on a CD? I don't need to use music. DO I use PowerPoint?

Geoff
No issues with the NCAA as long as it's for a "parent or fan". I was thinking low-res so they coulnd't print them, in fact they asked for a slide show.

I've worked with the NCAA and you should not have an issue since it is considered a private sale. They are paying for your services and you are not selling their images to others for commercial purposes. It's not like you are making a ton of money on this sale.

For the slide show, you can use Powerpoint or other slide show software. I just got ProShow Gold. It is ok, a bit slow on the run time when you have music. It allows you to do special transitions etc. It also lets you make/burn runtime executables that do not allow people to copy off images. Or you can do it so the images are included.

Mike

Thanks. I did some contract work for the NCAA earlier this year. They "allowed" me to shoot some Div III tennis quarter and semi-finals. I had to agree to pay them a 50% royalty of my profits for the priveledge.

This stuff was done at the request of the SID so, you're right, the NCAA is not an issue. I just figured out how to make a "movie" of the pictures in Windows. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Top Bottom