1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CD-R for music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Mohrmann, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Quite some time ago (at least 10 years!) I recorded my own music compilations from music CDs we owned onto CD-Rs to use in our cars. A couple of our cars were fickle with regards to the CD-Rs being used, and I ended up purchasing Mitsui Silver CD-Rs for these recordings. Even now, 10 years later, these CD-Rs work well.

I would like to create some new compilations, and seeing as I finally ran out of the Mitsui Silver CD-Rs I purchased in bulk, I was wondering what current brands and types of CD-Rs would work well for these recordings? The recordings will be done on a PC, not a standalone recorder.

The cheaper the better, but only to a point. The real cheap CD-Rs did not work well in the past. Even some of the mainstream manufacturers (Maxell, Memorex, TDK, etc.) had issues in our CD players.

2. In a word, Verbatim.

3. Any particular type(s)? There are gold, silver, blue, etc. I was surprised that the Mitsui silver CD-Rs worked better than the supposed gold "reference" CD-Rs.

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

imation or TDK or Verbatim.

5. I use Verbatim Digital Vinyl's. They come in assorted colors and I've never had a problem.

6. McGunnigle

McGunnigle

Jul 13, 2009
    northwest
    Honestly... I would buy an ipod and store your music that way, you wont have issues playing it in your car. if you want CD's for just pure storage you can use DVD-R's which can hold 4.7 GB of music or just files. I have not had any problem with the CD-Rs i have purchased. I am not sure of the brand but i just go to Costco and purchase 50+ discs in bulk

7. trublu

trublu

Jul 23, 2007
    nyc
    Taiyo Yuden

8. Yes, the only DVD to use. For CDs I think Verbatim are just as good, and cheaper.

9. Pamani

Pamani

Jan 12, 2009
    Sacramento/Newark
    i cheap out and use Great Quality from Fry's Electronics... never had any issues with them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.